-----Help with GM Factory Radio swap--- Low volume but working. 01' Olds Intrigue.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I found a 99' Olds Intrigue with a CD Player to swap in my 01' Model. They are Identical from the rear factory plugs, the CD Player does play but the Volume won't get louder. Fader doesn't work(neither did the tape deck I had previous to it.) The l/r balance does tho.

Is there something Im missing, like a by pass or something I can do? The CD player doesnt say Bose on it anywhere, my friends Intrigue is the bose version, there is no amp in trunk or anything on his car. Mine doesn't have an amp either.

Im thinking the low volume is due to needing an amp but I don't know a lot about car stereos in this sense. Is there a way to take the amp from the old radio and use it in this CD model.

THanks in advance!!

sounds like the head unit you got expects an external amp. you can't make that work in your car unless you buy an amp to put between it and the head unit.

why not pick up an aftermarket head unit? you just need the Metra 70-2001 harness, Metra 40GM10 antenna adapter, and Metra 99-2009 mounting adapter to fit any aftermarket single din. You can also do the 95-2009 double din kit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.