Underground wow subs

adulbrich

Lock up your daughters!
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
Anything new that I haven't heard about?

Top dogs:

DDZ

SHD's

Sundown Teams

Anything better than these in limited space? Just wondering.

Looking for a pair that can take 15k-20k.

Any new neo's? I'm bored. Need more to look at.

Not sure if I need to fill out the new requirements, but here they are anyways. Not looking to buy anything right now..

Number of subs preferred: 1 or 2

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 12('s) or 15('s)

Budget: In time, really no budget

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): Pair of DD M4a's strapped at 1 ohm (.5 each) or a pair of Ampere Audio 8k's strapped the same way.

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): Slightly less than 5 cubes of internal box volume. Port (if any) will be external.

Goals: 150+ db would be awesome, but I'm really just looking to be as loud as possible

Listening habits: Full tilt when driving, right before clipping. I don't let my gear see a soft clip unless I'm demoing.

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: DD, Sundown, Fi, Tantric. Leaning towards DD Z's or Sundown Teams. Possibly Tantric SHD's.

OP
adulbrich

adulbrich

Lock up your daughters!
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
EMF Yolo.
No, but really..

I chuckled when I read your response //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

OP
adulbrich

adulbrich

Lock up your daughters!
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
You're not even finished with your current build and already making plans for the next? Lol
Yes.. lol

Mostly bored and looking for new subs that I can look at. My N3's are pretty, but it never hurts to look around

NinjaBass

Low Bass Lover
Aug 9, 2013
North AL
Yes.. lol
Mostly bored and looking for new subs that I can look at. My N3's are pretty, but it never hurts to look around
I know how that goes. Ha I will finally get a setup together and then not even a week later I am already looking at new stuff, then watching videos about it, and the next thing you know I am already buying new gear again. It is a never ending process

OP
adulbrich

adulbrich

Lock up your daughters!
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
I already have two vehicles and can't get another. I'm not selling my car ever no matter what.

My mom won't let me do a blow-through in my Silverado until after highschool :/

Spooney

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Dec 30, 2007
Charlotte,MI,USA
Why not look into getting a different vehicle that you can fit multiple subs in?
Thank you sir for that. I normally wouldn't ever want to discourage somebody from getting the most out of a vehicle or install but goddamn motherfucker you have a Fiero!!!!! Serious question here...... with the limitations of a Fiero can you legally run in any major spl format? I only ask because you are looking to be "as loud as possible" but where are you looking to be loud at? What format/organization?

OP
adulbrich

adulbrich

Lock up your daughters!
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
Can't really compete in anything other than "Extreme" class. I'm not competing, just want a loud daily system that can play low with authority.

Any serious recommendations? Otherwise I'll save for the next few years and buy some new DDZ's and Ampere 8k's (after a few more alternators of course).

SounDrive

www.soundrive.audio
Pro Seller
Apr 10, 2013
Lebanon, TN
Turn the entire car into an enclosure like Craig Butler's van. Problem solved. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

mlstrass

Shaggy DOA
10+ year member
Jul 7, 2006
Illinois
There's not a pair of subs out that will take 15-20kw of clamped power in a daily application.

And you will NEVER be loud enough with 2 12's or 15's to force you to turn it down, so you really need to think this through. Not sure if you have a trunk or SUV, but there are plenty of subs that will be loud on decent power and put you in the 50's. Doesn't take $1k subs and a bazillion watts.

For a daily ride I'd look into 4" VC subs, 8-10kw and a good enclosure.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest classifieds