Thinking about switching things up.

Slobalt

CarAudio.com Elite
I'm currently running what's in my sig. I'm pretty happy with it except the weight is killing me. I want to know what subs you guys would run trying to keep the weight to a minimum. This car is my daily and I plan on taking it to the strip once in a while, hence why I want to cut down on the weight.

What I've been thinking on the matter, first thing run 2-3 8's (thinking sa8 v3)Doesn't really work with the amount of port needed for them. So next thing, a pair of 10" sundown sd-3's in a sealed box. That's the only ideas I can really come up with. Lmk what you can come up with.

If money isn't an issue I have a Shocker neo sig 12" that would be good on a 2 ohm stable amp I'd sell. Otherwise try too find TC 3hp neo motor based driver. Significant weight savings over ceramic magnet drivers.

If money isn't an issue I have a Shocker neo sig 12" that would be good on a 2 ohm stable amp I'd sell. Otherwise try too find TC 3hp neo motor based driver. Significant weight savings over ceramic magnet drivers.
I was thinking neo but there aren't too many out right now (that I know of), I don't mind used but I'm not a fan of finding Waldo. How ever wouldn't go to another 12 because the box will be too big. Thank you for the offer tho

I was thinking neo but there aren't too many out right now (that I know of), I don't mind used but I'm not a fan of finding Waldo. How ever wouldn't go to another 12 because the box will be too big. Thank you for the offer tho
DD Z10!

Or ferrite the 3510

I'm currently running what's in my sig. I'm pretty happy with it except the weight is killing me. I want to know what subs you guys would run trying to keep the weight to a minimum. This car is my daily and I plan on taking it to the strip once in a while, hence why I want to cut down on the weight.
What I've been thinking on the matter, first thing run 2-3 8's (thinking sa8 v3)Doesn't really work with the amount of port needed for them. So next thing, a pair of 10" sundown sd-3's in a sealed box. That's the only ideas I can really come up with. Lmk what you can come up with.
What's the weight of the sub/box? I'm estimating around 130lbs? Are you doing this for performance issues or gas mileage?

DD-Z, Warden, and Fi neos are all pretty heavy motors compared to the TC neos. You could likely save weight on the box by going with 1/2" birch ply with a lot of windowpane bracing and use sono tube for a port.

Alternate idea is if you can find some Aura "bass shaker" transducers and mount a couple to each seat, those plus a single 8" sub give the illusion of quite a bit of sub-stage.

Either up your budget or lower your expectations for output.

DD-Z, Warden, and Fi neos are all pretty heavy motors compared to the TC neos. You could likely save weight on the box by going with 1/2" birch ply with a lot of windowpane bracing and use sono tube for a port.
Alternate idea is if you can find some Aura "bass shaker" transducers and mount a couple to each seat, those plus a single 8" sub give the illusion of quite a bit of sub-stage.

Either up your budget or lower your expectations for output.
Budget meaning weight or money?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.