Underground wow subs

I'll just say SQ and Sundown like every one else on the interweb. Will that help you sleep at night?
No. Please don't change just for me, I own DD subs as well myself. Have a new box for my 9518 going to try out soon, see what she can do.

[quote name='massivespl']That thread is from 2006. But I've own a apxx 18 and wasn't impressed with is at all. So far my favorite subs are crossfire xs v2 and thes nsv3 are pretty darn nasty![/QUOTE]

Was considering NSv3's, but they're only 3" coil.

What are you wired to nominal? I see it's two subs per 8k. Trying to see what power they're on before rise.

Do you think a pai could take 20k+ daily (before rise, obviously).
@sundownz; What's the nastiest pair of subs you could build me for 5 cubes net on strapped Ampere Audio 8k's wired to .5 each? They are rated to do 16k on 12.4v strapped (two ohm restive load for the strapped pair).

[quote name='NoLoud4U']I'll just say SQ and Sundown like every one else on the interweb. Will that help you sleep at night?[/QUOTE]

The SQ nuthuggery is starting to bother me

[quote name='adulbrich']Was considering NSv3's, but they're only 3" coil.

What are you wired to nominal? I see it's two subs per 8k. Trying to see what power they're on before rise.

Do you think a pai could take 20k+ daily (before rise, obviously).
@sundownz; What's the nastiest pair of subs you could build me for 5 cubes net on strapped Ampere Audio 8k's wired to .5 each? They are rated to do 16k on 12.4v strapped (two ohm restive load for the strapped pair).

The SQ nuthuggery is starting to bother me[/QUOTE]

I have 2 nsv3 on a crossfire 8k at .5ohm in a huge wall and they take.
Also if u strap ur ampere amps at 2ohm, each amp will see 1ohm.. Not half ohm.

I have 2 nsv3 on a crossfire 8k at .5ohm in a huge wall and they take. Also if u strap ur ampere amps at 2ohm, each amp will see 1ohm.. Not half ohm.
This is your sig, so I assumed that's what you had:

-x891 HU

-2 excessive amperage 350alts

-4 Juicebox 3100 and a northstar under hood

-OPTI 250x4, 8 6.5 Rockford pros

-2 Crossfire 8k & 4 sundown nsv3 18s

I know about the wiring. I plan to wire to one ohm, so each amp sees half. I was just saying they are rated to do ~16k strapped into 2 ohms (1 ohm each).

Op donu plan on putting all this in a **** FIERO? Because to run 2 m4a amps u need at least dual alts and prly 1000ah of battery's. Don't think that little car can even handle that
V8 Swaps are pretty easy in these cars tho.

I had an 88 gt with a zz4 383. Took a weekend to swap, and 5 minutes to destroy transmission.

Instead of droppin bills on this Fiero, just start buying stuff for a nasty blowthrough in the truck. Sure the amps you'll be able to reuse, but just use the N3's in the Fiero and start buying subs for the truck.

The main thing, and I think Mlstrass tried to allude to this is that your spending A LOT of money on this for diminishing returns for what your getting. 2 12's 2 15's etc are only going to get so loud no matter how ****** the subwoofer.. 2 "nice" subs like your N3's or HDC4's something like that, lets say they do a 152. Even if you step up to a team sundown or some other mega priced subwoofer, your really only getting another 1000ish watts of continuous powerhandling and the cone area is identical. The main gain youd' see will be on burps that you really don't care much about.

At the end of the day, any kid with a wall and 4 $300 15's on a single 8k will likely be just as loud as you contiously, or even louder. The kind of power you plan on running to 2 subs is more than any sub is going to like. The gains will be minimal as your well into diminishing returns in every area.

At some point when you want "louder" cone area, extra coils and power ALL have to go hand in hand.. You can't just keep adding power and making good gains. Basically, I just don't want to see you get hella electrical, super expensive subwoofer and then blow the woofers trying to get more out them than is really possible. You have to reevaluate your goals and figure out what's actually worth it.

If you really want 2 15's in that car and want the loudest thing possible, you can go the way your planning. Just realize your spending 3x the money to get that last 5% of performance that will sound about the same to the ear. Your going to have enough money in the car to do a 160 and be stuck in the low 50's daily due to the platform choice. If the n3's aren't loud enough, no amount of power or new sub will fix it.

My next build in my SUV is going to be using some NSV3's.. Once I get used to that and want louder it WILL be walled. Simply due to that facts above. Sure I could go up to teams and get 1-2db louder, maybe 3 if I doubled up electrical again, but that's a lot more investment for litle gain. Walling it allows me 4x the box size, 2-3x the cone area and firing into 1/5 the original space.

We always say "it's all the install" as bassheads, part of the learning curve is figuring out what this really means.. In our case cheaper gear in a wall beats megabucks put into a trunk lol.

like they say.

space make bass.

in that car there is no space, so no bass.

sorry buddy it is what it is.

and everybody says..

no matter what sub if you dont have the right box then its not going to sound or do good.

you will blow them subs fast.

i say the same, get stuff for the blow throw and be done with that small car. thats if you like bass.

i love my s10 blazer, so much room for anything, but yet its small and i love that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.