Uncontrolable Sub Distortion

Participant count
  • Participant list

RickMabus

I need some help. I did my first full install of a system a while ago and I have just noticed my sub stopped working right. Basically it was not working at all the other day. So here is what I did. I have a Blaupunkt mp36 unit with a pre out for the sub. I have RCA cables running down the door of my ford f250 crew cab to my amp and sub. My amp is a MXP Thunder 6152 or something like that. My sub is a Visonik peace of junk but it gets the job done. changed the amp. Changed the speaker. I noticed I was still having a sound issue. I replaced the RCA wire and everything was working great. Hid the wire in the door frame turned off the truck and went to bed. Got up to go to work and notice no sub. Opened up the back and started to play with the gain and frequency a bit and started getting a terrible low distortion noise. Turned off the head unit and the distortion noise did not go away for a while. It went away and I turned on the stereo and everything worked great. I checked with Circuit City about this and they think I have a pinch or something in the RCA cable and that the amp is good. Does this sound like a reasonable idea for why am getting uncontrolable distortion?

where is teh bass boost at?

do you have all the bass settings on the HU turned up? if so turn it down to flat.

where is the power wire running on the car? is the rca running along with the power wire?

pull the rca out of the door frame and test it again as you mentioned when you had changed the rca cable it all worked fine and dandy, but after your tucked/hid the rca is when you had problems again.

I have the Power running down the door frame on the floor and the rca is running on the roofline/doorframe of the truck. I did set the base low and the HU has this X-Bass setting that I had turned on. My guess is its time to turn that off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.