Um, I last logged in 10 years ago, in 2007! What's good in 2017?

SPL is one thing but it seems that anymore people want those loud LOWS (35 and under)... 10 years ago it WAS possible to do just that... but VERY expensive... the equipment today is so far ahead of what it was in the mid 90's when I really got hooked...
The trend the past decade (2 decades really) is cheaper power. Hoffman's Iron Law tells us... low frequency extension, high efficiency, small enclosure... pick two. Since power has become cheaper, speaker designers are able to utilize this to create subs that extend low and dont require a refrigerator sized box. When I first got into car audio, subs were delicate (by today's standards), light moving mass and highly efficient.. They kicked *** with a mere 300 watts... but the box size was absurd compared to what we consider standard today.

I agree completely... LOL!.. in 1997 I put a pair of 95 db efficient 15 d2 Strokers on a pair of Audio Art 100 HC's... it got low and loud... even at events I went lower and louder than most other competitors... heck, after box rise I probably was only getting 700-800 watts to each... and tuning to 36 hz was LOW back then... today 32 hz seems normal to most and 1500-2000 watts is nothing financially when buying... those newer subs seem to be going to a lower efficiency/higher power handling... some have efficiency as well I'm sure... but it's 1997 again for that!... I paid $512 each in 1997 for mine... to get all 3 in your Iron law... it's gonna cost you...

I agree completely... LOL!.. in 1997 I put a pair of 95 db efficient 15 d2 Strokers on a pair of Audio Art 100 HC's... it got low and loud... even at events I went lower and louder than most other competitors... heck, after box rise I probably was only getting 700-800 watts to each... and tuning to 36 hz was LOW back then... today 32 hz seems normal to most and 1500-2000 watts is nothing financially when buying... those newer subs seem to be going to a lower efficiency/higher power handling... some have efficiency as well I'm sure... but it's 1997 again for that!... I paid $512 each in 1997 for mine... to get all 3 in your Iron law... it's gonna cost you...
You can't break hoffman's iron law. With no amount of money. That's why its called iron. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You can't break hoffman's iron law. With no amount of money. That's why its called iron. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Yes, I suppose your correct... the 15D2's went LOW at the time but that was 1997... LOL!.. LOW was 35 hz back then... today it is crazy... I demoed in a Civic with 1 18" ZV4 I think it was... Ampere 5K... walled with a stripper pole... dude was playing 15 hz and it was windy/impressive... before the pole it was turning the windshield glass to "liquid"... now it just gets windy as all heck... those 30-40's are really felt in your chest... 1 18" sub... about +3500 clamped of course... equipment has really changed...

Thanks for all the replies. Good to see AudioQue is still around, although under a different name.

How much of the amps and subs are now made in China and shipped / badged up in the US?

And what happened to Elemental Designs?

[quote name='jtmoney']Thanks for all the replies. Good to see AudioQue is still around, although under a different name.

How much of the amps and subs are now made in China and shipped / badged up in the US?

And what happened to Elemental Designs?[/QUOTE]

SoundQubed has been rockin it pretty well. There are several new brands of subs too. @Popwarhomie is running 8 12" FU audio 12"s and destroying windshields with them. Lots of new stuff :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.