I got the last Adire Tumult, compare to Brahma, Alternatives?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SweetNZesty

CarAudio.com Newbie
WI
I ordered two Adire Tumults to put in my car powered by a SIA 2500 amp. I went with the Tumult over the Brahma after poking around and reading that the Tumults had higher sound quality, especially at the low end. The retailer contacted me and informed me that apparently Adire Audio only had one left and it is being discontinued in its current form. I guess a new version of the Tumult is in the works but it probably won't make it to production until well into 2023. So basically I got the last Tumult.

What might be some good alternatives? I am considering just going back to Brahmas but want to hear other opinions first. I am unsure if I want sealed or ported now but I am prioritizing quality over pure volume, although I'm hoping with dual subs I'll still be able to get pretty loud.

I ordered two Adire Tumults to put in my car powered by a SIA 2500 amp. I went with the Tumult over the Brahma after poking around and reading that the Tumults had higher sound quality, especially at the low end. The retailer contacted me and informed me that apparently Adire Audio only had one left and it is being discontinued in its current form. I guess a new version of the Tumult is in the works but it probably won't make it to production until well into 2023. So basically I got the last Tumult.

What might be some good alternatives? I am considering just going back to Brahmas but want to hear other opinions first. I am unsure if I want sealed or ported now but I am prioritizing quality over pure volume, although I'm hoping with dual subs I'll still be able to get pretty loud.
Brahma is well known to get loud and sound good doing it. I don't think there's much if anything in production right now that's in the same league. My only thought is that if the Tumult is rated a little lower power it may be more efficient but you should have plenty of power on tap.

Build the spec size sealed box and if you think you need more output in the low 30hz range try the spec ported box.

How much space do you have? I would never go sealed unless I was limited on space.

The system was pure SQ. I was shooting for a flat response, so sealed made more sense. Plus I didn't want to sacrifice alot of space, so I converted .5cuft of unusable space into a custom fiberglass enclosure for my Brahma.

The system was pure SQ. I was shooting for a flat response, so sealed made more sense. Plus I didn't want to sacrifice alot of space, so I converted .5cuft of unusable space into a custom fiberglass enclosure for my Brahma.
Most people do not find "flat" response sounds good at all, and depending on the acoustics of your car and position of the sub/box/port/everything else in the cargo area you may well feel you are getting some peaks or nulls that need to be worked around. Looking at a flat or .707 Q response in your design software is meaningless once you cram it into the confines of a vehicle.

That all said, you're not going to want to port .5 cube so looks like you're rolling sealed, and if it's a custom buit in fiberglass enclosuer moving it around to a better position isn't an option. On the bright side, you have plenty of power on tap, so if you need help getting where you want the sound just brute force it with some EQ.

Do be sure you've build up adequate thickness with your enclosure. A woofer like that with so much power is going to need thick walls in the box to keep things from flexing. If the box isn't very sturdy it will not perform well.

Most people do not find "flat" response sounds good at all, and depending on the acoustics of your car and position of the sub/box/port/everything else in the cargo area you may well feel you are getting some peaks or nulls that need to be worked around. Looking at a flat or .707 Q response in your design software is meaningless once you cram it into the confines of a vehicle.

That all said, you're not going to want to port .5 cube so looks like you're rolling sealed, and if it's a custom buit in fiberglass enclosuer moving it around to a better position isn't an option. On the bright side, you have plenty of power on tap, so if you need help getting where you want the sound just brute force it with some EQ.

Do be sure you've build up adequate thickness with your enclosure. A woofer like that with so much power is going to need thick walls in the box to keep things from flexing. If the box isn't very sturdy it will not perform well.

It was a system from 2 vehicles ago. The enclosure was rock solid. Had a P9 combo to deal with whatever equalization was going to be required.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

SweetNZesty

CarAudio.com Newbie
SweetNZesty
WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views