Type sub question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tdog41

CarAudio.com Newbie
I purchased a box to fit between seats in a Tacoma access cab. The speaker mounting depth is 8.5" and ft3 is .96. A KickerQ 7OORMS 10" 6.5 mounting depth fits and the box is in the middle of the recommended ft3. Will this type speaker work best in this box or a shallow mount speaker for performance ? Any feedback would be appreciated.

It will work. Air space seems to be good for that sub, according to my enclosure software on my iPad (I would run it in better software if I was at my PC). You’d get better performance from it in a vented box, but it would be far bigger.

this one performs very well in sealed boxes. According to my software, the kicker is better suited for vented enclosures.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.