Type R Thread (Please don't lynch me just help me out)

Pole piece is not blocked fyi. you just made that up. I'm looking at a 12" type r motor RIGHT NOW. No cooling.
actually i'm pretty sure he got it from here

What is good about the cooling? I'm looking at it right now. Pole piece isn't vented.... No anything to cool the coil. You're full of shiite muslims.
wat

Pole piece is not blocked fyi. you just made that up. I'm looking at a 12" type r motor RIGHT NOW. No cooling.
Nightshades come with the pole piece plug that is conical shaped to direct the air coming back down the cone around the former instead of just out through the pole piece. SA Series motors used the same plug except with a little hole in it to provide a tiny air flow through the pole vent. Thats only Sundown products of course but Sundown has sold those pole plugs to people on here with other motors as well.

If you dont believe then Email Jacob at Sundown and ask him. He owns the company and he uses the technology so if you're doubting me when you're the noob then maybe he can set you straight. Post the pictures.

EDIT: And i wasnt saying the pole piece on the Alpines was the same as sundown, but im saying with it not being vented, it provides better cooling than a free flowing vent, i believe you confused what i was saying.

actually i'm pretty sure he got it from here

wat
Well that doesn't even make sense. A pole piece that you could block would have holes drilled in the sides of it. This allows air to come in the bottom of the motor and forces it through these holes right onto the voice coils. The type r does not have these as per the quoted statements. It also does not have a plug at the top of the pole piece like the nightshade as per the quoted statements. You guys just don't know what you're talking about so you didn't know what my statements meant. I was dead on... you just made an error in what you thought it meant. Type r's have no special cooling.

Nightshades come with the pole piece plug that is conical shaped to direct the air coming back down the cone around the former instead of just out through the pole piece. SA Series motors used the same plug except with a little hole in it to provide a tiny air flow through the pole vent. Thats only Sundown products of course but Sundown has sold those pole plugs to people on here with other motors as well.
If you dont believe then Email Jacob at Sundown and ask him. He owns the company and he uses the technology so if you're doubting me when you're the noob then maybe he can set you straight. Post the pictures.

EDIT: And i wasnt saying the pole piece on the Alpines was the same as sundown, but im saying with it not being vented, it provides better cooling than a free flowing vent, i believe you confused what i was saying.
Who said I don't believe? I've seen them and know fully well what they do. They type R does not have them and if you put it in a pole piece that does not have holes drilled in the side of it for cooling you're really only creating a lot of compression and not any cooling. Please pay more attention to what I'm typing instead of what you THINK I'm typing.

If you plug a pole piece then there is no way for air to escape the motor if it does not have these holes drilled in the side.

yes they do take the rubber boot off and the 5 holes around the bottom plate are pole vents. if a 2" coil can take 900 rms they have to have some cooling. and not to mention the suspension is indestructible on the type r's they will never blow from mechanical failure no matter what the power or the box, thermal first. They are loud for the money and the power just admit it.

Pole piece is not blocked fyi. you just made that up. I'm looking at a 12" type r motor RIGHT NOW. No cooling.Edit: Lol also pole piece blocking is only effective if the pole piece is vented where the coil sits in the gap. If this weren't the case, when the coil moved it would cause MASSIVE compression. There is no use sticking up for the type r. It's as basic as it gets. I'm telling the truth. It's junk.
If you say so mr. troll //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.