Trying to get to 155db+ @ 151.6 now

Rocketman^^^

I have heard some rumors about what you are doing. Also thanks for the use of the TL man. Let me and Ant now when you are ready we can help out if you need some help.

Also did some test enclosures for the Expedition with a TC OEM 10 on about 600w of power.

We got a 161.6 port, 140 kick with burp and music. Will be doing 5 to 6 more test enclosures over the next couple weeks if time permits while trying to finish the SQ truck for finals.

Hopefully we can get 145 out of the TC OEM. Then will be ready to purchase new subs for next season and amps. Right now it looks like 2 x 10" and 1 x 12" for 0-600 stock, SB1 and SB2. I am going to jump full in to doing SPL next season with you guys.

Will still be running SQ next also and hopefully get started on the Prelude build.

Rocketman^^^
I have heard some rumors about what you are doing. Also thanks for the use of the TL man. Let me and Ant now when you are ready we can help out if you need some help.

Also did some test enclosures for the Expedition with a TC OEM 10 on about 600w of power.

We got a 161.6 port, 140 kick with burp and music. Will be doing 5 to 6 more test enclosures over the next couple weeks if time permits while trying to finish the SQ truck for finals.

Hopefully we can get 145 out of the TC OEM. Then will be ready to purchase new subs for next season and amps. Right now it looks like 2 x 10" and 1 x 12" for 0-600 stock, SB1 and SB2. I am going to jump full in to doing SPL next season with you guys.

Will still be running SQ next also and hopefully get started on the Prelude build.
the rumors were true untill friday before i left...i owe the school too much money and might just be a spectator come finals...will keep ya updated though:) as for the TL its no biggie man...let me know if ya need some batteries

the rumors were true untill friday before i left...i owe the school too much money and might just be a spectator come finals...will keep ya updated though:) as for the TL its no biggie man...let me know if ya need some batteries
If you need some help maybe some of us can help out pulling together then when you get some free cash you can hit us back later.

Team Advantage audio-We are all here to help man and helping out the Team is what it is all about.

Also next year we are all in different classes which will be nice instead of all competing against each other.

You bought the TL and have let us use it for free.

sorry guys no pics but yes it was a 161.1 on the port, well no change in the kick if any it didnt help ran a burb and only got it up to 151.1 music it was a 150.5 so that stayed the same port was close to the same 163 looks like i gota do a rebuild this winter after nationals, thanks every one for the help very much. this year has been a very big learning curve for me and its so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i want anther batt rocket just let me know, also i havent found a batt for the laptop yet butt looking for one and its on me for letting me use the tl thanks bro we need to get ure ride done but next year we should be stronge in the spl stuff hopefully

Rocketman^^^

r u doing a 0-600 build and sb2 build....heres a tip...cuz with 2 12's and 1 sundown 1500 im burping 149.xx in 0-600 and in sb2 im 147.xx..and i have a trunk car..so in a expo u should be fine....u just using the wrong sub..tc oem is not made for spl...but if u want to stick to a 10inch sub in a big suv...box placement is key..and making sure it peaks with the vehical is a big factor..and also finding a song for sb2 that peaks at the same freq as ur ride and it has to be consistant no breaks in the music

The TC OEM is gone right now using it for some testing as well as a DD2515. Will have tested 7 box designs once completed just have to build all the boxes. Freq. range from 43hz, 48hz, 52hz and 54hz with different ports and firing configs.

Looking at several brands of subs and amps right now, doing the research. Looked at AQ, FI, DD, Cactus, RD and DC. Have a line on some new amps coming out not yet released just need more info on them.

The SUV peaks as 52hz song for that seems to be hard to find for music with no breaks still researching.

SUV 2 x 10 for stock 0-600 and SB1. Then run 1 x12 and 2 x 10 for SB2. Also run the 12 for port wars.

We have a lot of testing to do during the off season, will be busy as hell that is for sure. Also rebuilding all of Ants(aho77) blazer with more subs more power better box design ect. and looks like one more vehicle after that. So 3 to 4 new builds across the Team to get ready for next year. I also do SQ so that will be taking up time also.

Thanks for input 80.

umm that box is the perfect size for a pair of 18" subs( like nightshade as they love 10 cubes) i would swap a pair of 18's in and go from there...

My RAV also peaks at ~52 Hz. Very cool build you've got.

Songs that hit monsterously in that range:

Project Pat - Break The Law

Lil John - B***h

Petey Pablo - Vibrate

Lil Wayne - A Milli (not constant)

Gorilla Zoe - Hood Niqqa (not constant)

Jay Z - Hello Brooklyn

Eminem - Go to Sleep

If you Street Beat, you know these and more, though. What songs have you found best in your setup?

For box improvement:

2 schools of thought, with this... mainly depends on the power handling of your subs and the frequency bandwidth you need for your tone/song.

1) Most SPL burpers have too much power, not enough space, and no issues with monster peaks. For this, small boxes give you high peaks and give you a 1-note wonder, when tuned properly. That said, it takes an arse-load of time in tuning, but with a TL and an adjustable port, it goes faster.

2) Some SPL burpers (like AudioAnonymous and myself) have plenty of room in car and are limited by amp abilities (among other things). It should be noted, he's WAY more advanced than me.

From his pics, you can tell that he pushed the wall up to the B-pillar to minimize cabin volume. Chose an alignment that is proven: very close subs on passenger side, and max port area on drivers. Then, he found a IV that allows for plenty of air movement (bigger than spec box), without allowing the drivers to bottom... through trial and error, most likely. Then, tuned the port for the best SPL peak... also through trial and error. Generally, you'll tune a few Hz above the cabin peak, but see what works for you.

I find it nearly impossible to get quality information about SPL theory. Many people are helpful, but there isn't alot of physics to back it up. Alot of "from my experience" and "just keep tweaking it"... All the cool physics kids will give you 50 different vented alignments for flat response though... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Learn something new in this thread everyday.

So for SB and Burp you are going have to find the correct freq. that is optimal for both from your set-up to be successful at both?

That is the way I am understanding it and is that correct?

Is it better to pick either SB or burp or are most able to do both with the same set-up?

I am having pretty good success in my SUV. However, with the blazer every time we think we are headed in the right direction then we see nothing. Makes you want to pull your hair out.LOL

Keep the good stuff coming guys.

16 cubes 425 sq inches of port. This what you need for the blazer.you will get your 155 and then some. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

1026811388_l.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.