Trying to get to 155db+ @ 151.6 now

Remember the 4.25 a 9515 dd recommends is for a music box.....SPL is trial and error period......people have helped you alot on here and I have even learned a thing or 2 imma try next LOL

wow i like that pic of that set up, then also the only other question i have is everything says behind the b piller how far into the b biller can u get before it draws attion? not that i want a dq for it being to far foward.

i really do apricat all the info and in put every one has put in it really does help, and i know that its hard work to get to where every one has gotten and im not trying to ride off of any one els. on the other hand i have alot of guys that have been a really big help and are still helping so thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the song that seams to peak the most is lil john kings of krunk track 8 push that hoe and airforces but others are very close, hz wise it like 48 to 52 hz is the peak.

the song that seams to peak the most is lil john kings of krunk track 8 push that hoe and airforces but others are very close, hz wise it like 48 to 52 hz is the peak.
thats the song i was telling u about that i used for sb my first time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif very good song //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you notice AudioAnonymous' build pics, the first one is a string going across the b-pillar. That's generally how they test it at competition too.

SPL box = Street Beat box... as long as your song is ~ a tone. Most of which recommended are.

That Blazer box is a monster. Nice work, if it's yours LoudJeta!

Edit: "Push That" and "Air Forces" are too low for a ~50 Hz SUV. They may sound loud, but they don't hit the magic numbers. I wouldn't bother.

Little update. Aho77 could not replicate the port 163.1 he did once. Could not figure out why.

Well the assumption was made that the battery charger was working. Well it was not and the voltage I think said was down to 10.5v-11.0v.

Different battery charger with batteries charged and he repeated the 163.1 in the port.

He is suppose to re-run the kick today with the proper voltage.

So to aho77 this is duuuuuu moment.

DDs love smaller enclosures, prolli already said in this thread just didn't feel like reading through it... Also up the power too the 9515s can take a good amount of power, especially for burps(way more than the RF 4k).

Seems like you guys are into DD so why not try something like a Z2lv or even a Z1 would be an improvement.

10.5-11 Volts? Yeesh. Street Beating will be rough with that much voltage drop. What does your electrical look like?

Either way, it sounds like I need to "Do Work, Son!" if I want to compete with you guys at Finals next year. I'll be in USACi SB1 for '10. My setup is also legal for Stock 0-600, but considering:

TX 0-600 Record = 154.7 dB (2nd is 154.0)

TX SB1 Record = 153.8 dB (2nd is 143.1)

I find SB a more achievable goal... and it's more fun to compete in (imho). So, we'll probably face off. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

As you can tell from the sig, I'm questing for supreme knowledge, using a budget system... so I can get loud, using work, rather than equipment that exploits the rules. (and cuz I'm poor) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif Not knocking the guys who seriously compete, I'm just not to that level yet.

Edit: If you plan on using the DD 15's, you'll be in SB3, holmes. Why do you have it in your sig SB1/2??

Edit: If you plan on using the DD 15's, you'll be in SB3, holmes. Why do you have it in your sig SB1/2??
This blazer belongs Aho77. He is good friend of mine. He does SB3 and SB4.

I have been trying to help him out with stuff. I have always been a SQ guy but now trying my hand in the SPL world.

I have a Expedition that I play around with. It will be running 2 x 10's for SB2 and 2 x10's and 1 x 12" for SB2. Stock 0-600 class and Stock 601-1800

So that is why I have SB1/SB2 in my sig.

10.5-11 Volts? Yeesh. Street Beating will be rough with that much voltage drop. What does your electrical look like?
His electrical is decent when the Battery charger is working and the batts are charged.

IMO he does need to add some more batts., probably change out the alt. and regulator.

It all takes money which you can understand. Beer budget.LOL

If you notice AudioAnonymous' build pics, the first one is a string going across the b-pillar. That's generally how they test it at competition too.
SPL box = Street Beat box... as long as your song is ~ a tone. Most of which recommended are.

That Blazer box is a monster. Nice work, if it's yours LoudJeta!

Edit: "Push That" and "Air Forces" are too low for a ~50 Hz SUV. They may sound loud, but they don't hit the magic numbers. I wouldn't bother.
That the wall in my jetta actually but that is the type of enclosure he needs for his blazer. I ran 2 dd 9515's on 2 ia 20.1's and was doing 158's in the kick.now if he wants it to play lower he can always do a smaller port insert. i had to do that for meca head rest.went from 65 hz to 50 hz .

His electrical is decent when the Battery charger is working and the batts are charged.
IMO he does need to add some more batts., probably change out the alt. and regulator.

It all takes money which you can understand. Beer budget.LOL
I feel ya on the tight budget. You could always save money by investing in 40 oz's ... Both you and the subs will trashed for $2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

since i or we have acesse to a tl what im thinking of trying for next season is still the 2 9515s but put them i like a 2.5 cube and start out with a 700 sq port and then try and tune it to the max on that.

i only like the dd subs cuz im here local and can get them really fast and dont have to what on shipping, ya the dd amps are nice and will tear some stuff up but there is a 1 ft wornty on them thay dont have any one that can repaire them if something happens then u are on your own and no garntee that its not doa so i will probly not run them.

Aho77-Lazy is not updating this.LOL

Well Anthony decided to play with the voltage. Started the vehicle ran a burp did a 152.1.

We thought the electrical was good, guess again. Even with vehicle running IIRC we are only getting 14v after the burp it drops below that. With vehicle off IIRC he said it is around 12.5-12.8v before we run a burp then drop down to 11.8 to 12v, not good.

We are trying to fix the problem we need to get to 14.7v as that is the max legal voltage in his class.

Also if we can fix the voltage problem we can up the gain by about 1/8 turn.

So with the box mods you guys recommended and us getting the voltage issue fixed hoping to get the current set-up to 153 by USACi finals.

Next season we will do a tear out and rebuild based on everyone's help and what we have learned.

Again thanks to everyone for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.