Trying to get to 155db+ @ 151.6 now

DDs love smaller enclosures, prolli already said in this thread just didn't feel like reading through it... Also up the power too the 9515s can take a good amount of power, especially for burps(way more than the RF 4k).
Seems like you guys are into DD so why not try something like a Z2lv or even a Z1 would be an improvement.
Are you kidding me!?!? DD's love large ammounts of air space buddy. Talk to a rep at DD and they'll tell you the same thing.

ha, u find that out and let us all know.

ok so u say that, well then if some one test an amp at 1 ohm and it produces 4k then that amp will put out 4k but u start adding box and port to that and that 1 ohm now comes 3 ohm and now u got a 2k amp then whats the point in having a 4k amp there must be a way to get that 4k out of that amp by taking the imp rise down so u remake a box and remake a box untill u get there i mean surlly theres a way to find out to being close shurelly every one is not just building in left field and thay get close to first base.

Are you kidding me!?!? DD's love large ammounts of air space buddy. Talk to a rep at DD and they'll tell you the same thing.
Not in burp boxes they don't... Talk to any street a, b, c competitor that runs DD subs. They can take monster amount of power and will get loud as hell for comps in smaller boxes.

that is what we have came to learn that putting them in a smaller box and large power can bust numbers for an everyday driver to get ur rang of freq ya a box recomeded will do great

Not in burp boxes they don't... Talk to any street a, b, c competitor that runs DD subs. They can take monster amount of power and will get loud as hell for comps in smaller boxes.
The reasoning they run small enclosures in those classes is because CRXes like small boxes and usually a smaller box can make the sub handle more power. I'm sure the guys with walls run 8 cubic foot boxes with 4 15's and what not....right? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

well the best i ever did with the dp's was 155.9 on the ac 190. but i would blow a sub about every 4th or 5th burp.(that was with less volume) now i am running .3 cubes more per sub doing 155.8 on the tl. now the wardens take the power like a champ. i have 2 more 40.1s that i will be putting on them by sbn.

i would say about a 1 db gain swapping to the wardens because of the difference between the ac190 & tl

im still just going to run 2 15s after nationals but gana redo the box and try and get them in like 2 cube total i recently got a van so im gana make my blazer a daily driver and probly just run sb in it i got a 150.5 music so not to bad for a daily driver, if i drove it every day. ya i could add the other 2 15s i have and anther amp but that also intells more stand by power

Little update on this thread.

Well Team Advantage Audio had great results at the 2009 USACi World Finals.

Brian Souter 2009 Basic Consumer World Champion

Anthony Aho 3rd Place in Street Beat score 150.4db and 4th place in modified 2000-4000w with a score of 152db.

Appreciate all the help.

Anthony has recently done some more upgrading with the same install and the numbers are up pretty good. We are keeping them on wraps for now until we do at least a few shows for next year to confirm them. I will say that we are getting close to numbers we wanted for finals last year.

Overall the thing that has made the biggest change was:

1. Doing some internal box things

2. Getting more power to the subs.

Tuning frequency stayed the same on the box at 40hz.

Also may be some additional changes coming.

So far I will say it looks like 155+ is coming. Hoping to get close to the 160 number but we will have to see how things work out.

We have a couple other vehicles in the work also. One should be a 160+ vehilce, another 145-150db vehilce and another in the 150+ range.

Have to see how things shake out for the 2010 season.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.