2 12" 750 rms subs vs 15"/18" 1500 rms sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lonnie
10+ year member

6'6 White Giant
What is the difference?

I got 2 12" 4ohm DVC Type Rs BUT wanting to get a 18" FI Q or a 15". Dunno depends how I feel and what the difference would be between sizes. They are rated for the same...but is it the bigger they are the louder they are?

Also would 2 750 rms subs sound the same as 1 1500 rms sub? I want a lot of bass but also to be able to understand wtf is being sayed. Going to get 4 150 rms 6x9s and a 600 watt amp soon or later...but yea...meh lol.

Thought about going for 3k rms+600 rms component...BUT too pricey for me in terms of cost of batteries and a high out alternator. So yea gonna stick to 1500 rms in bass and 600 rms with components. Still gonna have to upgrade battery and alternator regardless due to light dimming and it ******* power from injectors and making the car act weird when bass hits low.

Also I listen to metal/rock music mostly. Only thing rap related I listen to is really just rapcore...WELL listen to Fort Minor as well...only rapper though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.