Trying to get to 155db+ @ 151.6 now

good luck. i have a crx. been competing for 3 years and just recently got high 155 legal on the dash. that is running pr 12s in street classes.

What I'm thinking of trying for next season is still the 2 9515s but put them i like a 2.5 cube and start out with a 700 sq port and then try and tune it to the max on that.
I'm sure you guys have good reason for the choice, so could you enlighten us?

Your port area is 3 x Sd (cone areas) and alot of experienced guys will tell you to go ~1 x Sd.

Box size is going to be just large enough to fit the subs comfortably... why lie, it'll be a tight sqeeze. Not a big deal, as long as it's really smooth. I'm sure this will be good for power handling, and give you a killer peak.

Do you know about where the box will peak, or are you going to adjust that monster port to shift your peak?

Aho77-Posted the above based on a recommendation by someone that is in the 160+ range.

I agree. I just do not see away to adjust a port starting at 700. I would rather do the below.

I can crank out 2 to 3 boxes in a Saturday morning.

I am building around 7-10 test enclosures with a single 15" with different tuning, volume ect.

Only way I see use getting to were he wants to be is testing and getting the voltage issue worked out.

I do not want to do a entire build, carpet ect. then to only find out we need to start over again, like we did this time.

So multiple test enclosures IMO is the way to go with this.

Right now we are happy to have gotten to 152.1 considering this is his first year. IMO the current set-up with good electrical is capable of 153 but I am no SPL guy or expert.

We have about 5 1/2 months after finals to play around with getting the most out of it for next year.

Well congrats on the 152. Quite an accomplishment.

Don't stress over the 11.8-12V drop... it shouldn't cause you trouble. I've known guys who drop to 11V on occasion... and I've been known to grind out a 11.5 sometimes. It's bad for the amp, but only momentarily. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

When you do run off and build a few SPL boxes, please take pics. Not enough documentation exists for serious SPL builds (besides vans and pandas). I'll be keeping a build log for the next setup, still undecided. Either a CRX-style box w/aeros, or a rear-firing slot port box with ports that swap-in/out easily... primarily cause I'm lazy.

ya we will take some pics and try and post them. i am really happy being able to pull a 152 out of that box, it does take some hard work to get the build right but im going threw a learning curve with the comp side of audio. and ya brian have been kinda lazy not posting sorry.i really dont want the amp going under like 12v clippage ***** when i started out at 14.4 the amp ran sweet and the sound was so much differnt,and i know its hard at times to hear the way the bass note is but ya i can tell a differnce. some changes i have made to my batt set up is took all my 1/0 wire off and built a buss bar looks better and i should get the full batt efect .

http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss197/anthonyaho77/

Rip that wall outta there and youll gain.

And why run 1 12 and 2 10s....thats retarded sounding....just do 4 10s, take 2 10s out if you want too run SB1.

But plan for 1 setup....dont try and do 2, you wont win.

I was doing 151.4 with a leaking box with 4 TypeR 10s tuned too 32hz.....its not difficult at all too do decent numbers in a SUV and still play music all day.

But some make it seem impossible......that wall is case in point

Well for now I will just running 2 x 10 and one amp. As that is all I can afford for next season.

99% of my cash goes into my SQ comp. vehicles. SPL is just something additional to play around with for me. Also I am a try to do more with less person, I know in the SPL world many times it is about more but I like to see what I can accomplish with less power and less speakers. I even have some prototype 6x9 subs I am going to play around with. SPL is a hobby, Sound reproduction is my passion.

I also have limits in the vehicle as it is the wifes SUV, so I can go crazy in the Expedition.

There is a reason for the 1 12" but until I get a go ahead to discuss it. Then it will not make sense. It is to do some testing for a new product, that's all I can say for now. So I might even run just the 1 x 12 part of the season.

Anthony-BLazer what we are concentrating on for getting loud. It has been a learning experience with a huge learning curve. Next year the blazer will be completely different.

BTW-Aho77 Blazer was built in 24hrs. We started at 9am and finished the following day at 9am. So its a 24hr build that currently does a 152.1 so neither of us are completely disappointed with it. I still think even with the wall it will do a 153 maybe a little more.

The next build will be planned out much better, testing done and probably take 3 to 4 weeks once completed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.