Trying to get to 155db+ @ 151.6 now

what i have doneis added batts to my set up the c@d si started out with just 2 now got 4 and a kenetic 2400 ya my voltage starts out ok but drops fast

1db is not worth $1000.00 to me currently when in the situation of this vehicle that for $200 to $300 bucks could be equal to a 3db gain.

Also for $1000 bucks we can get 10 C&D batteries.

1db is not worth $1000.00 to me currently when in the situation of this vehicle that for $200 to $300 bucks could be equal to a 3db gain.
I completely feel ya. Once the system is THE BEST it can be, meaning box style, air space, tuning.... then you can look into the high dollar changes. I think there's still plenty of small changes you can make for atleast a dB or two.

For burping, you'll want a fast discharging setup. That is why the DD and CS batteries are so popular, is their large capacitance, and ability to easily discharge, without increasing resistance.

4 C&D's in the rear shouldn't allow much voltage drop below 12.5... but undestand they aren't "fast" batteries individually. 4 in parallel should provide ample amperage, though. Can you think of any other bottlenecks (wiring, grounds, chassis ground flow, amp power supply)?

when you are limited to 3 batteries then it is worth 1000.00 dollars.

That is why it says "in the situation of this vehicle".

Anthony may have another outlook as he is a SPL guy. A DSP or carpc is worth a $1000 to me.LOL

Weird thing is that the amp only produced 1983 watts of power.

Seems these amps are suppose to put out more power we even tried it at 16v got the same reading. So that is the same power from 14.4v to 16v.

Does this sound correct? Could there be an IMP rise problem?

He also did a 152.3 on music. Currently we are stuck at the 152.6 burp unless we fined some more power from some where.

We both feel we have gotten 99% out of what is there but would like to find the other .4db that is still there somewhere.

Weird thing is that the amp only produced 1983 watts of power.
Seems these amps are suppose to put out more power we even tried it at 16v got the same reading. So that is the same power from 14.4v to 16v.

Does this sound correct? Could there be an IMP rise problem?

He also did a 152.3 on music. Currently we are stuck at the 152.6 burp unless we fined some more power from some where.

We both feel we have gotten 99% out of what is there but would like to find the other .4db that is still there somewhere.
To know if there's an impedance rise problem, we'd have to know your nominal and final impedances. You should be getting a final value between 2-3x your nominal value.

Some have gotten lower, but few understand why. Controlling impedance rise is a key point to getting the most out of your setup, unless you have unlimited amp power. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif:greedy:

k i calculated every thing and came up with 3.3 of imp rise. im pretty shure that there is a way to get the imp rise before u build a box so what im asking is how can i calulate info from a box designe to get the imp rise where we need it before i start building boxes, i could just spend unnessary money untill i get it but who knows what that might cost we are just trying to get there, and all the input is much appricated thanks.

ha, u find that out and let us all know.

It's common to to assume that the amp used to burp will be wired below it's stable rating by at least 2x the amount to start off with... such as burping at 0.5 ohms...

When u need more power and your rise is hgih enough... burp at 0.25ohms and so on but gotta get different amps at that time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.