Tips to avoid getting jacked

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
No tilt sensor... Shiiiiiit two tow hooks hooked to my truck and im taking your car for a ride till i have a place to break it open.
Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
I believe it around Houston...

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 27, 2014
chicago
Let's be realistic though , I'm in a big city - too many eyes and ears for that . Thieves out here are quiet and not seen or heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 27, 2014
chicago
what happens when they just slide that metal bar out..
There are holes drilled through the bar and the locks go through the bar and through the loop. It's not an easy jack move.

wew lad

wew lad inc
5,000+ posts
Mar 22, 2015
VA
There are holes drilled through the bar and the locks go through the bar and through the loop. It's not an easy jack move.

ah ok thats different then, didnt see the holes

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 27, 2014
chicago
They cut cut through locks but they'd need a bolt cutter and that not a common tool for a stereo thief. I'll say this, since I put this together I sleep much better at night .

Eggroll

RingsOfSaturn>your music
Oct 7, 2014
Death Metal > Your Music
Record a message played on a loudspeaker mounted under your car that starts with a demented laugh and then has a voice that says "Im coming to f*** you." Then have it go back to laughter. Have another speaker start playing the sound of a woman screaming. Just as that starts, your air horns start blaring and a blue rotating cop light starts flashing. Bonus points if you have a red strobe light in the car that starts flashing with no fixed interval. Have the brain hidden behind the passenger airbag or instrument panel, and have one that sends a remote message warning you that your car is being messed with. Maybe a couple of those handheld piezo sirens that you pull the chord on to activate. As you approach the car pull the chords and throw the sirens in a couple of directions (before they see you). I would only approach the car if it was one thief, he didnt see me, and I had a gun I knew how to use. Attacking with pepper spray is too risky, and more than one thief what if they both have guns?
Anyways, great advice on this thread!

It seems to me the most effective way is to bring fear into the equation- fear of getting caught, fear of the sick angry owner who just so happens to likely be a sadist, etc. A veteran car thief is pretty much immune to this- best way to avoid him stealing your equipment is to have a plane jane car with no stickers and as stealth an install as you can manage.
Dude I almost pissed myself lmfao.

So far I only have 5% tint all around (except windshield) but I have a friend that works on legit cop cars and hes going to hook me up with a badass alarm soon for a sweet price. (Same guy that got me the 5% tints)

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 27, 2014
chicago

Here's my car - I try to make it look normal but then rims might get some attention. No tints, no stickers, no drop kit on the car. Just a lil Honda on some cheap rims

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 27, 2014
chicago

And here's my van, does have tints but the rest is stock. A bit of an eye catcher to gangbangers and blacks . in Chicago they love these old Chevy vans but they usually put the 24" rims etc etc - so far so good and no break ins

adulbrich

Lock up your daughters!
5,000+ posts
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa

Here's my car - I try to make it look normal but then rims might get some attention. No tints, no stickers, no drop kit on the car. Just a lil Honda on some cheap rims

Looks like a rough neighborhood. I can see why you're so worried about security.

There's even spray-painted graffiti on the sidewalk and the pole by your car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

los33

Car Audio G
Apr 11, 2014
Houston, TX
Looks like a rough neighborhood. I can see why you're so worried about security.
There's even spray-painted graffiti on the sidewalk and the pole by your car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Wat [emoji23]

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 27, 2014
chicago
Yeah there's a lot of punks out here just looking for opportunities - I've always been smart about my security and I've never been robbed . My sister had her car stolen 3 times and my dad once , my moms been broken into but for some reason I've been lucky. We've been out here 30 years on this block - we know everybody but still can't trust - I know a lot of victims and I'll be dammed if I'm one.

adulbrich

Lock up your daughters!
5,000+ posts
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa

Wat [emoji23]
Blue on the sidewalk, orange on the green pole //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 27, 2014
chicago
Orange is hook mob - I know all them punks - they won't touch my stuff but I've told not to tag up up the neighborhood / they get drunk and get stupid

adulbrich

Lock up your daughters!
5,000+ posts
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
Tagging is an indication of poverty.

Somebody tagged the "Rentacenter" building by Kmart, lol

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana

Nice looking little Honda ...I have one like that I'm gonna scrap soon if you need any parts ...Don't know if you have anything missing...mines dark green with grey interior ...I'm gonna rob the head ...harness pieces and computer for a minimee swap on my CRX

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 27, 2014
chicago
Thanks , I bought it for 1200$ - I replaced the carpet and polished the headlights and other little things. I'm good for now but thanks again -

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 27, 2014
chicago
Tagging is an indication of poverty.
Somebody tagged the "Rentacenter" building by Kmart, lol
I wouldn't call it poverty - these are residential

Homes not apartments or the projects just blue collar people trying to make it and their kids are free roaming the streets messing things up that's all

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
I wouldn't call it poverty - these are residentialHomes not apartments or the projects just blue collar people trying to make it and their kids are free roaming the streets messing things up that's all

e sch

Thats what happens ...when discipline and God are taken away from schools...the kids run wild

adulbrich

Lock up your daughters!
5,000+ posts
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
I wouldn't call it poverty - these are residentialHomes not apartments or the projects just blue collar people trying to make it and their kids are free roaming the streets messing things up that's all

Still looks impoverished.

You don't see that in every neighborhood

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 27, 2014
chicago
Impoverished ? Eh it's really not that bad - just some tagging no big deal. Look at the west side or south now that's bad - this is actually a decent area

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)

• S

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds