This AI sh1t is getting scary.

JLJunkieMX107

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Jun 22, 2007
Grand Rapids, MI
Definitely one of the more interesting threads that I've read in a while. Buck, you brought up concepts that I have not yet heard. I am not saying that I agree or disagree, definitely going to dig in and research some of the things you mentioned.

My job is 100% based on complex reasoning and risk assessment. All that I do all day is evaluate objective and subjective data, calculate the probability of an adverse event, and make a decision if it is a good or bad risk. Objective data is way too easy for AI to evaluate, subjective is where things get complicated. I'll use an example from my job.... let's say the objective data says "this IT system was hacked within the last 3 years", boom! bad risk, easy to compute. However, I come in, interview the people involved, get a general feeling of how it was handled, what was changed to prevent future issues, and the general layout of the operation....now we have subjective data. I can then use this info to determine that even though the objective data says it's a bad risk, my "feeling" based on the subjective data is that it is a good risk. Our company has been toying with AI for decades and just couldn't get the subjective info part correct, this ultimately made my job safe.....until now.

2 weeks ago my company announced a new AI system that will be released within the next 18 months. It now has the capability to analyze subjective and objective data to calculate a risk in a fraction of the time it takes me to evaluate it. The total accuracy is TBD (only field tests at this point) but it is pretty scary how well it can analyze information. Piece that together with tech like the Google Assistant, and your AI system now has the ability to call those involved in the risk, ask subjective questions, and compute the risk in a matter of seconds (versus hours/days that it takes now). Needless to say, people at my company are freaking out because we, theoretically, can be replaced by this system. However, my job is also VERY much based on personal relationships with business aggregators which is not something that AI can do (yet). The way I see it, the hard part of my job is going to be taken over by AI and I just get to focus on talking to people all day lol.

Buck

Premium Member
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
Synced my entire house full of Echos to play the same music this weekend.
Thanks AI!
Jeff Bezos watches you m a s t u r b a t e

Buck

Premium Member
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
Jeff Bezos signed a deal with CIA FYI

THE CIA IS WATCHING THE WHOLE WORLD M A S T E R B A T E

Buck

Premium Member
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
Dude the CIA might not exist here shortly. Not many Americans are enlightened to the extra activities of the feds, high corporate world, or the military industrial complex, but the federal government is in a civil war right now, and the people of america are the prize.

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
Sep 22, 2013
Western Oregon
Dude the CIA might not exist here shortly. Not many Americans are enlightened to the extra activities of the feds, high corporate world, or the military industrial complex, but the federal government is in a civil war right now, and the people of america are the prize.
Vague. Elaborate

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Buck

Premium Member
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
I can't because eventually I will get into a bunch of personal stuff and opinions that go way deeper than I want to share on an audio forum.

BOOMINGRANDPA

CHEAP A/F
Jan 8, 2017
NC
We are free range slaves being harvested for our energy to build an empire for some other consciousness that isn't human. That's why earth's population has spiked to almost 8 billion people. Saturn, the reaper, is coming in to collect the crops, and you are the crop.
u gotta watch stargate atlantis if u haven't it'll blow your mind.. for the "wraith" all planets of people are cattle

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
How much longer do we have to wait for them to implant computer chips into our brain? It's the only way I'll ever be able to keep up with my Twitter and Instagram.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds