This AI sh1t is getting scary.

ciaonzo

TheContinental
10+ year member
Feb 1, 2009
WI
I'm good with advances in technology and all that happy horse shit but when we start making things that can quickly get out of hand and own us, it gets creepy. MIT is making a device that reads your thoughts and feeds AI the info. You don't have to say anything, you just use the voice in your head like when you think or read something to yourself. Anyone see how that could be bad?

This MIT-engineered headset can read your thoughts | Alphr

tymoto21

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Apr 15, 2008
wisconsin
i think thats super cool.

i do agree that there are alot of shady things someone could do with that but at the same time there are alot of bad things people could do with facebook or google...... oh wait they do.......

whitedragon551

10+ year member
Mar 5, 2009
IL
While it is creepy, think about the applications that it could be used for in protecting countries from terrorists.

macsdad

boom-boom
Jun 12, 2010
Trussville, Al
While it is creepy, think about the applications that it could be used for in protecting countries from terrorists.
That would be a whole new level of invasion of privacy, not even your own thoughts would be private any more. And then would thinking about committing a crime, then become a crime?

whitedragon551

10+ year member
Mar 5, 2009
IL
That would be a whole new level of invasion of privacy, not even your own thoughts would be private any more. And then would thinking about committing a crime, then become a crime?
Doubt it. We have double standards. Government/rich people vs everyone else. Our government does all kinds of illegal shit.

OP
ciaonzo

ciaonzo

TheContinental
10+ year member
Feb 1, 2009
WI
Me, too.

It's a conundrum, I suppose. It will be used for both good and bad purposes but it's the other point that was made that is a harder truth for me to swallow - privacy could potentially be completely lost. Probably become a type of currency in the future.

BOOMINGRANDPA

CHEAP A/F
Jan 8, 2017
NC
yep seen the movie and tv show lol..

AnthonyO

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Oct 18, 2005
Minot, North Dakota, United States
If they develop a voice module, think of the possibilities it would have for deaf/mute people. They could now have a voice. Might **** for a husband that's had a deaf/mute wife for 15 plus years. But....

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
I love the sub heading, "They’ve got their MITs on our internal monologues".

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

I love the sub heading, "They’ve got their MITs on our internal monologues".

Papermaker85

Banned
Dec 15, 2006
New orleans LA
I'm good with advances in technology and all that happy horse shit but when we start making things that can quickly get out of hand and own us, it gets creepy. MIT is making a device that reads your thoughts and feeds AI the info. You don't have to say anything, you just use the voice in your head like when you think or read something to yourself. Anyone see how that could be bad?
This MIT-engineered headset can read your thoughts | Alphr
That's old news.

reads vibrations from your vocal cords. When you think about it

Impulses still occur and very faint vibrations can be measured. It doesn't read your mind. You would have to tie VERYDEEP into the brain for that

poolman966554

Senior VIP Member
Mar 5, 2015
PA
What about the fit hotties in yoga pants? its spring time now, and they are coming out.. Does that mean i get a citation everytime i think " OMG i wanna put my Dk in that!!"

That said, i went to walmart this morning.. I should have about 10 citations awaiting me

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
That's old news.
reads vibrations from your vocal cords. When you think about it

Impulses still occur and very faint vibrations can be measured. It doesn't read your mind. You would have to tie VERYDEEP into the brain for that
Wrong. Did you even read the f*cking article?

whitedragon551

10+ year member
Mar 5, 2009
IL
Wrong. Did you even read the f*cking article?
Doubt he did. If he did, he just cant comprehend higher level thinking.

Another thing I thought of was lie detection tests. It seems like this would be alot harder to trick than traditional lie detection tests.

Papermaker85

Banned
Dec 15, 2006
New orleans LA
Doubt he did. If he did, he just cant comprehend higher level thinking.
Another thing I thought of was lie detection tests. It seems like this would be alot harder to trick than traditional lie detection tests.
Kmsl. Dude this type of sensory is at least ten years old.

Do a search on paraplegic controls wheelchair with his thoughts

whitedragon551

10+ year member
Mar 5, 2009
IL
Kmsl. Dude this type of sensory is at least ten years old.Do a search on paraplegic controls wheelchair with his thoughts
This is far more advanced than controlling wheel chairs.

Decoding forward, back, left, and right is much easier and very specific vibration patterns and as such is much simpler than actually decoding the infinitely possible patterns that the tiny vibrations in your ears have when you "think".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds