Thinking about switching things up.

My friend had the exact same situation as you. '05 STI with 2 12s ported. They have those Subaru meets where they go on canyons and sh*t. He took the whole thing out and went bumpless. I think that's the best solution, it's not like you need performance on your work commute. Besides, it's not like you're going from 100+lbs to 0lbs, you're still gonna have about 50lbs or so. I'd say it's not worth the extra money. Just take it out when you need performance and put it back when you need bumps.

Just got infinite baffle. All you need is one board, and you can get a pair of lower end 12's or 15's. Drivers will be just as heavy as that XCON you were talking about, and you save weight in the box. Plus you get your trunk to boot. That's if you plan on keeping things in there all the time.

But I agree, best solution, if you only need the weight savings sometimes, is to just take things out when you need to. You're still going to have extra weight in there otherwise.

My friend had the exact same situation as you. '05 STI with 2 12s ported. They have those Subaru meets where they go on canyons and sh*t. He took the whole thing out and went bumpless. I think that's the best solution, it's not like you need performance on your work commute. Besides, it's not like you're going from 100+lbs to 0lbs, you're still gonna have about 50lbs or so. I'd say it's not worth the extra money. Just take it out when you need performance and put it back when you need bumps.
This was my plan in the first place but it took me about an hour to get it in with a helping hand but most likely this will be my only real solution

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.