Switching radios - CAN vs switched Power

Participant count
  • Participant list

h0tfus3

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi everyone... reaching out because I'm a beginner in car audio and need some help understanding how to correctly mount my new radio.
I have a Fiat Punto Sound (2006) that came with a Blaupunkt MP3/CD radio and, because it broke, I've decided to buy and mount a Sony dsx-a210ui.

Everything was going fine and I was able to switch the connectors to the right place. Radio is working fine but it does not "listen" to the car key position.
The old Blaupunkt radio had two connectors (CAN High and CAN Low) and the new Sony has a switched power connector instead.

I've tried to research a bit about what CAN is, and it doesn't seem related to the switched power connector in any ways, so I didn't wire those up.
However, I did come across something in the old manual that said that the ACC position only worked with CAN!?!? So, I'm really confused.

Is there any way for me to connect the switched power in the new radio so that it shuts down when I turn off the car ignition? Or do I need new wiring for that?
Thanks for the help in advance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...