Think Big.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jamison

Hey everyone,

Wanted to say hi to everyone and to let yall know I'm new to this forum and I wish I had found this place when I still had my stang. Yall have been a great help. Oh well...I recently put a paycheck and a tax return together and wanna smack together a new system...Got a new ride to go with it.

So...

Budget: 2000.00$

Vehicle: '02 Tahoe

What I was thinking.

2-Kicker 12" L7 Solobarics--219.00$ (http://www.cbrstereo.com)

RockFord Fosgate bd1500.1--635.00$ (http://www.ikesound.com)

HV-122L7 Dual 12" Ported 3/4" MDF Box for Kicker Solobaric L7--164.99(Subzone)

15 3/4" h X 18 1/4" d X 34" w

I really wanna make sure I get/make a proper box. If this one ***** or isn't wise due to having a Tahoe vs smaller vehicle or anything please let me know.

Alpine CDA-7998--635.00 (http://www.ikesound.com)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

1875.00$ before tax.

If I did it right. I would want the Kickers to be 2 ohm...So I'm getting 750w a piece(which is there RMS)...thus giving me a 2 ohm load right? Or I would run the dual 4 ohms, 2 of them, and be running either a 1 ohm or a 4 ohm load. I don't understand what is better. But that wouldn't be giving me nearly enough power...to run the subs correct?

What are the benefits of having lower or higher impedance. Is 2ohm better then 4 ohm. It seemed that it was.

Other questions:

Is there any real needed difference between then Alpine CDA-7897 and the CDA-7998? I couldn't really differentiate the needed 200$ difference between the two.

Is this system going to be over kill for this Tahoe? Not enough? I would like it to scare small childen even outside the car.

Any recommendations or alterations...would greatly be appreciated. If you feel this has been a misuse of funds. Please feel free to put up your own recommendation/s. (I realize I have left out costs of wiring etc but I'm just talking about the key components.)

Going to come back in about 6-12 months and do the mids/highs etc.

Would appreciate any help,

Thanks,

Jamison.

Sounds good. You would want to get 2 DVC subs with a dual 2 ohm impedence. Sub impedence does not matter when talking about the actual sound of the sub, it just allows you to get more power from your amp. I think your setup will sound great and the subs and amp are a great match. Good Luck!!!

Going to come back in about 6-12 months and do the mids/highs etc.
Personally that's one of the biggest mistakes you can make, getting a whole lot of bass, then not having mids or hi's that can keep up with it. I mean, have you ever turned off your mids/hi's and listened just to bass? It doesn't sound as loud or as clear as when you have a nice set of mid's and hi's to go with it. If you are going to go over your $2000, then I would suggest getting 1 L7 12 or 15 for now, then you can get the other down the road. I've heard 1 L7 15 push the 150's. So that will definitely provide plenty of bass for the time being.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.