Install Problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

G-Wiz
10+ year member

Michigan
I was trying to install a CD-Player (Pioneer) for my brother.. I have it all installed and everything, just fine.. but the HU doesn't sit right in the fit kit.. The instructons of the kit tells me to install these equalizer brackets, and then attach the mounting brackets to the sides of the radio mount (so it will fit into the opening in the Silverado)... When I try and put the HU Cage into the radio mount, it will not go in all the way. So I took out the equalizer brackets and put it into the dash. Everything fits ok, but the HU hangs and the bottom part of the face sticks out exposing the metal/cage. I stuck some rubber thing between the HU and the radio mount to keep it from sagging, now it likes to kinda float and stick out from the Faceplate cover that came with the kit.. I am using the 1" faceplate which was the largest one that came with the kit.. Should I drill into the radio mount underneath the HU to get it to stay up that way and then drill into the side (But not INTO) the HU so it will stay put? Or what should I do? Any suggestions please..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.