The gap left is 20hz-100hz at its worst: got 300rms & $200 what kind of sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cad_3326
10+ year member

my question is: I'm looking for SQ only; I'm not concerned with SPl- What kind of sub (size and type) should I run at 300rms to fill what gap I've got left (I don't think it'll be much of a gap at all)

Hey, the gap won't really go all the way up to 100hz, I'm just gonna crossover my midbass speakers there: I think. The midbass are the pre-neo RE XXX 6.5s, and I'll run them up to 150wrms. Their enclosure won't be truly sealed, but I'll be damping the doors and filling holes to make them as close to sealed as possible. I think that I may add some polyfill too. Then, I'll cross them over at 18db/octave around 100hz (maybe 70-80, tell me what you think),[/B] leaving the rest to a sub run at 300rms. Comment on all that too. But, of course, my question is: I'm looking for SQ only; I'm not concerned with SPl- What kind of sub (size and type) should I run at 300rms to fill what gap I've got left (I don't think it'll be much of a gap at all)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.