Subs only producing sound when balanced to the left side car speakers

NikoFrancs

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all, first post here.

Problem is pretty much the title. I wired a Line out connector for my factory Uconnect 7" head unit on my 2019 jeep compass and connected my boss audio amp to the LOC. I've had the amp and subs for several years, the subs are in good working order. Amp has been through a few sets of subs.

All the wires from the head unit seem to be making good connection to the LOC and the L/R "aux" cables from LOC to the amp's L/R are firmly plugged into both the LOC and the amp. When I balance the audio to the right there's no sound coming from the subs, but when I balance to the left the sound from the subs comes in as normal. Anyone know what this could be?

I've swapped the L/R cables from the LOC to the amp on both ends and nothing changes.

I've swapped the L/R cables from the LOC to the amp on both ends and nothing changes.
Make sure gain knobs at LOC are alike. If they are the same, swap RCAs at the amp and test it. If it changes sides, swap RCAs at the LOC. If it changes, swap wires at input side of the LOC. If it changes, check signal supply wires.

Looks like you only tapped the left side speakers for the love of it is not summing the left and right correctly
What do you mean? I've got both sides spliced correctly with solid connection. If it weren't done correctly or didn't have good connection, wouldn't the entire speaker on the right side not put sound out? The speakers work fine but subs don't produce anything when balance is set to right side. Actually any side except front left. Rear left, and entire right side don't produce.

Make sure gain knobs at LOC are alike. If they are the same, swap RCAs at the amp and test it. If it changes sides, swap RCAs at the LOC. If it changes, swap wires at input side of the LOC. If it changes, check signal supply wires.
What do those steps mean? I've swapped RCAs at Amp side and LOC side and nothing has changed either time.

What do those steps mean? I've swapped RCAs at Amp side and LOC side and nothing has changed either time.
Okay, actually when I swap rca cables at the LOC side, the audio swaps to the right side of the car, again nothing happens when swapping rca cables at the Amp side. What could this mean?

Hey all, first post here.

Problem is pretty much the title. I wired a Line out connector for my factory Uconnect 7" head unit on my 2019 jeep compass and connected my boss audio amp to the LOC. I've had the amp and subs for several years, the subs are in good working order. Amp has been through a few sets of subs.

All the wires from the head unit seem to be making good connection to the LOC and the L/R "aux" cables from LOC to the amp's L/R are firmly plugged into both the LOC and the amp. When I balance the audio to the right there's no sound coming from the subs, but when I balance to the left the sound from the subs comes in as normal. Anyone know what this could be?

Sounds like you shorted the other channel so check you connections. Don't ask just look. Will solve your problem Every time. If you ever short out your power n ground wire and you have fuses in your amp... change the fuses they look good but are blown will even have continuity on a dmm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...