the DEFEAT SETTING

Participant count
  • Participant list

noob with an RS
10+ year member

i poop on you
earth
if i have the defeat setting on on my alpine 7995 should it sound the same as other brand head units with their DEFEAT setting on? (bass at +0 treble at +0 if there's no defeeat setting)? i ask this because the defeat setting is basically having the bass increase at 0 and the treble increase at 0. so shouldnt the output on every HU be the same witht he defeat setting on?

EDIT: i just got an audiocontrol EQX equalizer/crossover and when i set the bypass button ON (as well as the defeat setting) the sound i get from my components is different from when i have no EQX and the defeat setting on. does this mean different head Unit's are designed with different "flat" equalizer settings?

defeat cancels all the equalization on your head unit.. i guess it's used to quick turn to total Flat and back to your normal equalization settings... it could be useful in bass test tracks that doesnt require equalization and such

to me it's just a waste of time

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.