Problems with Alpine 9815

Participant count
  • Participant list

Y2A
10+ year member

I bought a Alpine 9815 about a year ago and it was working great until recently. The first problem was that the auto-dimming stopped working. It first started when I was driving at night a while ago and the HU just started dimming from bright->dark and dark->bright repeatedly for no reason. So when I got home, I just switched to manual dimming, which is in dark mode, which means I can barely see any text during the day when there's sunlight. What's the problem and how do I fix it?

My second problem is more recent, it doesn't happen very often but sometimes the cd won't eject, it would partially come out and show the cd's edge but goes back in and tries to eject itself again, but doesn't come out unless I press down on the cd and it finally pops out. Again, what's the problem and how do I fix it?

****...i have the same deck and have the same problems with the cd ejecting. I've had my player about a year as well. I hope I can fix this problem..paid $400 for the **** thing.

dude Alpine has been giving too much trouble for nothing... the ejection problem is probably causes by grease on your hands and that stays in the cd surrounds and so the mechanism keep getting "lubed" and can't hold the cd to eject... i believe thats the problem of mine coz it started going fine after i washed my cds with soap and water...

problem with the auto dim is probably the wire itself... it may not be making contact anymore, check the autodim wire

Alpine is good... but it's problems are ****in annoying //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I'd have to doubt that it's the oil from my hands, as I never touch the face of the cd to begin with. I'm thinking it's just a manufactors defect or "one of those things"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.