The Deal of a lifetime, or two!!

Yes, the action is gonna be real, cause any knock off company can make the same sound as the Focals, except for 50 cents a component set and sell them for 100. That's why the cheapest Boss speakers are the same sound as the Focals...
No, if they're not the Focals they won't sound like they're Focals, plain and simple.
I doubt highly Boss speakers sound like any focals. here is all Boss is good for...$17.00 on Amazon.com, Boss claims 300 watts, yeah right, once maybe.

IMG_0426.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh haha then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Boss is crap though, seriously, this is first hand testimony...

Curious to see the speakers and if they are legit.

Good points from all of you. Why so negative on the Alpine? I was looking at McIntosh but found the same D/A processor was used for some alpine units (with the exception that Alpine is running a single burr-brown 24 bit and Mc is running dual 20 bit). I had a 9855, 9886 and 9887 and prefer this over those. But that is just my opinion. I may have made a grave mistake, but all I did was compare all aspects of both Alpine (with added processors) and Mc and weighed out the pros and cons. I guess I could have went F1, but I am not made of $$. I guess I will have to live with my error.

I took pics of the woofer and tweet with my phone, but am having issues loading them to the comp. I will get them up tomm. I trust you guys more than my feeble mind in car audio. So suggest away.

I will pink noise the speakers when I get them set and calculate/compare to manufacture specs.

Thank you for all of the responses. They are not taken lightly.

Jesse

Those look nothing like the these.

Must be an older version...

EDIT: Did some research, apparently Focal had a "Utopia" line even before the current line with Beryllium tweeters. Also, the old K2P sets came with the TN52 tweeter, and some of the current sets come with the TN53 tweeter..

Are they good speakers? Of course, but without knowing what this old set sold for back in the day, its hard to say if you really got a good deal...

Everyone is hating on that Alpine because its not the best. Alpine is the ****, but you can do better than a 117 IMO.
Well I put the 9887 in the wife's car, and the 9886 in my mom's Jeep. Sold the 9855 with the subaru. Not that hard to swap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That's just an older version, not the Be's like you stated earlier. Probably 5+ years old. Still a good deal, but not amazing.

If I were you I'd try to find some TN52's to replace those TN51's with. Doing a side by side listening I found the TN-52's to be much more tolerable at higher levels.

That's just an older version, not the Be's like you stated earlier. Probably 5+ years old. Still a good deal, but not amazing.

If I were you I'd try to find some TN52's to replace those TN51's with. Doing a side by side listening I found the TN-52's to be much more tolerable at higher levels.
I see. Thank you for that information. Just another purchase. Sorry to have wasted anyone's time on here. I will do a better job of researching before I post.

J

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.