Good deal on Lithium battery?

Participant count
  • Participant list

chillin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So this seems like a pretty good deal to me. All they talk about is use for trolling motors for fishing, but I'm wondering if there any reason this couldn't be used as a second battery by the amp.

Last edited:
Those batteries are made for steady state loads. Not high amperage on and off loads like bass hits.Look at the specs. Maximum discharge is 100 amps.

Thanks. I'm not great with battery info. Looking for a reasonably priced battery/batteries that can run a 1500 watt system for an hour or 2 with the car off. Not at full volume must off the time.

From what I have researched the best deal on a lithium designed for car audio is DownSounds brand one. https://www.down4soundshop.com/down4sound-d4s-lto-6-0-12v-lithium-battery-3000-5000w/

God no. That is the WORST car audio lithium...

garbage.jpg

Last edited:
a reasonably priced battery/batteries that can run a 1500 watt system for an hour or 2 with the car off.
The one you linked is still a bit iffy if you intend to push things. Consider the cells are rated 100A Max discharge which means if they're the common LiFePO4 cells you see on alibaba lately the continuous discharge is more along the lines of 25A. Also consider that they pitch this for "trolling motor" which would draw about 14A at full throttle. I'd say 4 of those would probably do what you're after but that does not seem cost effective.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...