In our lifetime tech.

Way back, late 80's or early 90's, there was an amp that you could add sections to for more power. I believe it was A/D/S. Do any of you guys remember this amp?

Also, I just noticed that Harmon Kardon sells aftermarket car/boat audio. Now I'm really curious about how they sound.
Im not sure I remember those amps that had that option. Did S.Stream have something such as that? Those SIP cards or? Kicker ZR Series?.🤔👀

Sweet!! Do you have a pic of at least one to drool over?? Be cool to see 👀 👀
1000002679.jpg

1000002681.jpg

1000002684.jpg

Hopefully those pics came through. Couple shots of th Adcom by itself and one with a Sony preamp / amp that was real nice in its day.

View attachment 56015
View attachment 56016
View attachment 56017
Hopefully those pics came through. Couple shots of th Adcom by itself and one with a Sony preamp / amp that was real nice in its day.
Dammned Nice for sure!!! I DROOL. I have a couple older Sony units and a Yamaha, a Teac and I believe a JVC. Ive got a little bit of Home Audio gear that needs to be up and running again when I get moved. Some Teac Towers, Advent towers, JBL Cube surround, some Bose stuff ect. Deff get it all back out when I get moved. Cant even remember all Ive got any more

Dammned Nice for sure!!! I DROOL. I have a couple older Sony units and a Yamaha, a Teac and I believe a JVC. Ive got a little bit of Home Audio gear that needs to be up and running again when I get moved. Some Teac Towers, Advent towers, JBL Cube surround, some Bose stuff ect. Deff get it all back out when I get moved. Cant even remember all Ive got any more
Another piece of cool equipment I've got is the Apt Holman preamp. That's running the other GFA 555. Only downside there is I've got to use a third party DAC to get an optical input converted to analog, since the AH is like...50 or 60 years old at this point.

It's funny to me that an optical input to analog out is even called a DAC. I guess the optical is always digitized at the input / output? I don't know. The world is a strange place. I'll just call it a transceiver.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...