In our lifetime tech.

Accurate_db

CarAudio.com Newbie
Any chance we will have an amp that can be like this(in our life time):

AI will scour the internet to identify what is "" dope and sick at the same time or sope and come up with a heat sink design.
And the power input section, power output section, and the signal control section will be separated and plug and swappable.
And the signal control section will be software configurable via app.
And and
Apple will license the connector for the signal control section.
Tesla will design the power input section to be rechargeable all across the world.
Google will design the software app to work with Amazon cloud so that every amp, head unit, you name it car audio products will have parameters accessible by software.
And you get the idea, if the world was made small because everybody knows everybody via social networking, we can have cake and eat it too.

AI will scour the internet to identify what is "" dope and sick at the same time or sope and come up with a heat sink design.
And the power input section, power output section, and the signal control section will be separated and plug and swappable.
And the signal control section will be software configurable via app.
So you are talking about a modular design amplifier. Every section of it would be swappable via standardized connectors. I do not think this viable for idividual casings of said components would just become bulky and a small footprint is the future trend. This in part is because cars are becoming compact to deal with pie in the sky EPA regulations.
As for modular units, early car audio was exactly that. An amplifier was just that, it only had gain adjustment. Then you had crossovers, equalizers, bridging modules, and even supply power boosters. But in the trend of compactness, manufacturers started combining features and prices started dropping. Now we are here and a popular saying here is, "power is cheap nowadays".
I remember reading an article about programmable logic circuits one could build to execute simple tasks. There is prewritten code one could use with these home made logic circuits to ease the build's execution.
Well, a company came out with modular cubes that could connect with each other on any side. Each cube performs a single task like you stated. There were on/off(with time delay), pulse, amplifiers, power source, et cetera. I have not heard anything more about them, so it may not have caught on as expected.
I see future car audio as even more integrated. It is becoming more complex and I am lagging behind. Oh how I miss the simple days.

Last edited:
468ea477-78f5-4103-bad5-7dcbacee9a2c_1.9a137de08e80dea9c2fe67bfeda5065c.jpeg

I just really need this to be a real thing 😢

yeah right. I really hope, apple, amazon, and tesla will get their **** together, and finally work together so you have an amp that you have to rebuild every time you want to change specs, instead of just buying one that does all of that, and turning it down.

Way back, late 80's or early 90's, there was an amp that you could add sections to for more power. I believe it was A/D/S. Do any of you guys remember this amp?

Also, I just noticed that Harmon Kardon sells aftermarket car/boat audio. Now I'm really curious about how they sound.

Nothing short of amazing SQ for the period. Even though much of the current system is HQ class D, getting ready to source a SI 75.4 for it's pure A/B sound and direct signal path. I also listen to CD's, preferably, and through my PRS880 HU, which uses Burr Brown DAC's, so there is that too. Everything in the chain needs to be HQ as well. The balances line drivers, all that Adcom equipment was geared to quality sound. THey are not small, if you have the room and a quiet-er environment, perfect.

Nothing short of amazing SQ for the period. Even though much of the current system is HQ class D, getting ready to source a SI 75.4 for it's pure A/B sound and direct signal path. I also listen to CD's, preferably, and through my PRS880 HU, which uses Burr Brown DAC's, so there is that too. Everything in the chain needs to be HQ as well. The balances line drivers, all that Adcom equipment was geared to quality sound. THey are not small, if you have the room and a quiet-er environment, perfect.
From what I've read, that's typical of Pass's style. Minimal circuitry, basically. They are not gain blocks, as I can see with the GFAs, but all the old reviews indicate really low distortion (and flat frequency response) at rated power, basically as "transparent" as you can get.

I appreciate the SQ approach to things. My home audio set up is definitely more that vein (also all classic stuff). It would be so difficult to get clarity in my vehicles. There's always some low level electrical buzz from my HU, and I've tried everything from directly wiring the HU +- to the battery +-, adjusting gain, you name it. Probably just a crap HU, despite the price. Even the door chime speaker in my Tahoe has alternatore whine (although nothing else does) 🙄 getting good SQ in the car can be really, really hard. Factor in the trouble of getting high res source material and I've kind of shied away.

Last edited:
I know, when I said to myself 20 years ago, we ought to use Bluetooth in car audio, I really didn't know then what it meant by taking baby steps. I do now. But kidding aside EVs are coming and car audio has to survive some how.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...