Have a problem, not sure what the deal is! Has me totally confused…

Participant count
  • Participant list

nathanv615

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have 4 10” American bass D4’s.
I had all of them ran to a power acoustic 2500D and it was doing fine. I put in a second amp ( the same exact amp as I already have). The second amp is brand new! Each amp is carrying 2 subs wired to 4 ohms. My meter says it’s right at 3.6 ohms. Both amps are tuned the exact same. My new amp keeps going in and out of protection mode and my old amp is doing great. I put another 2500D in to replace the one that’s not working correctly and it did the same thing. I have both amps running off of a D5100 XS power battery. I’ve checked all the wiring for my subs and my new amp and can’t figure out the problem. Can someone plz help.

I have 4 10” American bass D4’s.
I had all of them ran to a power acoustic 2500D and it was doing fine. I put in a second amp ( the same exact amp as I already have). The second amp is brand new! Each amp is carrying 2 subs wired to 4 ohms. My meter says it’s right at 3.6 ohms. Both amps are tuned the exact same. My new amp keeps going in and out of protection mode and my old amp is doing great. I put another 2500D in to replace the one that’s not working correctly and it did the same thing. I have both amps running off of a D5100 XS power battery. I’ve checked all the wiring for my subs and my new amp and can’t figure out the problem. Can someone plz help.
Pics of your supply lines for said amplifiers. Sounds like your supply for the demand isnt meeting the criteria.What does yor electrical supply consist of? We need more Information to try and help

Swap the subs over. Just switch them out. If the problem follows the subwoofers.
Then you know there is an issue there. And not with the amplifiers.
The subs can measure good at rest but at some point in time they may have an occasional short some where in the stroke of the voice coil.
You measure this with a scope.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...