the big 3??

not to jack the thread or anything but is it necessary to fuse the wire between positive batt terminal and the alt? i'll be using 0 gauge so do i need to throw a 350 amp fuse in there?

^Ditto

The fuse is for one reason -> to prevent an exploding battery in the case of a short. If you honestly believe that 0 guage wire will *never* accidentally get sheared or stripped and touch ground, then go ahead and lose the fuse.

the only problem with the logic of the first post on that thread is that they replace the stock wiring--i would not replace it but just add the upgrade in case you want to sell the car later, then you just unbolt your added wire and leave the stock there.
unless you own something of very high value, or a classic that is built to date, or fully original, its pointless to keep the old wires, the upgrade is not going to hurt the value

that azn guy is a real weirdo. look at his profile -> homepage.

he was ramblin about how good audiobahn was one time. anyway.

1\0 should be fine. dont fuse it if you got it insulated and ziptied away from any moving\hot engine parts. otherwise a fuse would be a good idea.

I believe a wire that thick is not necessary lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif
yeah and you probably believe pyle is top of the line too--but since i'll be running three amps i think i'll use my 0 gauge.

OK. Since we're on the topic, and I've read all 6 pages of that thread. I just want to clear somethings up.

1. Do I leave all the stock wires in place?

2. If my stock alt is 70amps, do I need to put a 70 amp fuse/ fuse holder between alt ---> positive battery??

3. Can I run a smaller or higher fuse if there isnt a 70amp fuse??

Thanks!!!!

OK. Since we're on the topic, and I've read all 6 pages of that thread. I just want to clear somethings up. 1. Do I leave all the stock wires in place?

2. If my stock alt is 70amps, do I need to put a 70 amp fuse/ fuse holder between alt ---> positive battery??

3. Can I run a smaller or higher fuse if there isnt a 70amp fuse??

Thanks!!!!

yes you leave stock wire attached, just add onto it. if using 4 guage wire a 100 amp fuse would work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.