Team Fi 18 or DC Level 6 18....or any other suggestions?

LV6 is a pretty beast sub but I've seen a lot of softparts breaking with too little power. If you could find a motor and buy some parts elsewhere it would be solid.
Also there was a DC Neo on this forum not long ago for a really good price. If you have deep pockets you might look for that. IIRC there's also some t3 TSNS FS/FT around here and I'd vouch for them being very loud and good for some serious abuse.

And you're going to get smoked in shipping trying to send a 100+ pound package to HI.[/quote

Thanks man. I was kinda leaning towards the team Fi sub anyways. And yeah total total comes out to 939 shipped so idk what I should do
Level 6 m3 is a absolute monster... Also very musical not sure what these guys are smoking but I ran one last setup .. Sounded very nice

LV6 is a pretty beast sub but I've seen a lot of softparts breaking with too little power. If you could find a motor and buy some parts elsewhere it would be solid.
Also there was a DC Neo on this forum not long ago for a really good price. If you have deep pockets you might look for that. IIRC there's also some t3 TSNS FS/FT around here and I'd vouch for them being very loud and good for some serious abuse.

And you're going to get smoked in shipping trying to send a 100+ pound package to HI.[/quote

Thanks man. I was kinda leaning towards the team Fi sub anyways. And yeah total total comes out to 939 shipped so idk what I should do
They were 630 on black Friday sale I picked up 2 but as far as level 6 and the team both need more power than 3k, the FIs really start to sing on about 5k and as its been said the level 6s softparts aren't strong enough for its motor but..... I haven't heard of any level 6 m3s softparts tearing up. Either way I would look into uping the power or it would be a waste of a 4" coil although the FIs are efficient as hell for a 4"

level 6 and the team both need more power than 3k,
I just don't get this. I run an SHD daily at sane volumes most of the time and I promise it isn't seeing more than 1,000w. Probably closer to 500w and it sounds just lovely.

What does it mean when a sub "needs" a certain amount of power? Does it have like... a 10db sensitivity or something?

I just don't get this. I run an SHD daily at sane volumes most of the time and I promise it isn't seeing more than 1,000w. Probably closer to 500w and it sounds just lovely.
What does it mean when a sub "needs" a certain amount of power? Does it have like... a 10db sensitivity or something?
Theres no magic number a sub needs you know that but I just wouldn't run either in 3k thats me

Theres no magic number a sub needs you know that but I just wouldn't run either in 3k thats me
Then why don't people say that they can *use* more or can *take* more or something. I always see people say, "oh, that sub NEEDS 10k to 'get moving'." So dumb.

Nothing wrong with running a 4" coil on 3k. Especially since only a handful are even rated for more than that.

Timmy didnt you get threatened when you went to sell that level 6 with the contract that is required with it?? Yet another reason to go with FI!! Lol I can't stand d.c. when I think about it. Either way op both subs are beast I would imagine the level 6 burping louder and the fi being better for daily and lows.

Then why don't people say that they can *use* more or can *take* more or something. I always see people say, "oh, that sub NEEDS 10k to 'get moving'." So dumb.
Nothing wrong with running a 4" coil on 3k. Especially since only a handful are even rated for more than that.
Since when is rating relevant?

If your not running your stuff at the edge of breaking it and well into thermal compression, your wasting it bro, wasting it. 10k or go home. Anyway I'm running a 21 in 8 cubes right now in a MUCH bigger vehicle and my amp is only around 1100 watts.. It def doesn't move the air your CRX does, but it's def not sane volume for most people, I end up running at around 3/4 most of the time. So yeah, your probably running around 500 to it for normal bumping.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a guy near me that runs a Lv 6 for a daily ground pounder and he's happy with it. I've never heard either in person, but I've been a DC fan for a while so I'm biased towards them.

Honestly, with some of the new 4HP motors out, their efficiency rivals 3HPs. Going to be just as loud on low power, have more headroom and be more musical thanks to the higher motor force. It's a win win if you can pay the extra money on the sub.

SHD, TSNS, Warden, 99i, Team Sundown are all going to be very good options.

If your not running your stuff at the edge of breaking it and well into thermal compression, your wasting it bro, wasting it. 10k or go home. Anyway I'm running a 21 in 8 cubes right now in a MUCH bigger vehicle and my amp is only around 1100 watts.. It def doesn't move the air your CRX does, but it's def not sane volume for most people, I end up running at around 3/4 most of the time. So yeah, your probably running around 500 to it for normal bumping.
I was about to pick this post apart until I saw who posted it. LOL yeah, overhead is a great thing when playing musically.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.