HU volume level

Participant count
  • Participant list

filly4thirteen

CarAudio.com Recruit
usa
This may sound like a dumb question but, how high is too high? I personally like my volume cranked when listening to certain songs. I was tinkering around with my volume on the HU and maxed it out and it was clean and hard. Zero distortion, just slammed hard. But I got to wondering, is this something that can harm the woofer or is it made for the abuse so to speak. I listened very closely and it was clean and tight. I’m like a crack head when I turn it up to 80%. Like what’s another 20% . It just sounds so much better maxed out. But again I don’t know wtf I’m doing. It was professionally installed and the guy definitely knows what he’s talking about or at least sells himself really well. Lol. Thanks!

This may sound like a dumb question but, how high is too high? I personally like my volume cranked when listening to certain songs. I was tinkering around with my volume on the HU and maxed it out and it was clean and hard. Zero distortion, just slammed hard. But I got to wondering, is this something that can harm the woofer or is it made for the abuse so to speak. I listened very closely and it was clean and tight. I’m like a crack head when I turn it up to 80%. Like what’s another 20% . It just sounds so much better maxed out. But again I don’t know wtf I’m doing. It was professionally installed and the guy definitely knows what he’s talking about or at least sells himself really well. Lol. Thanks!
If it was professionally installed and correctly tuned then it should handle ALL DAY AT FULL VOLUME as it should have been tuned to max undistorted volume when the amp gains were set if you have amplifiers.

What you have to be careful with is how long your ears are abused... they will fail eventually.

What gear do you use?

If it was professionally installed and correctly tuned then it should handle ALL DAY AT FULL VOLUME as it should have been tuned to max undistorted volume when the amp gains were set if you have amplifiers.

What you have to be careful with is how long your ears are abused... they will fail eventually.

What gear do you use?
Jl tw3 12” x 2 with a Memphis viv1500.1v2 amp. In a MTI enclosed stage 4 box

I was a little concerned why he threw a 1500 watt amp at these subs but he explained it to me in terms I didn’t understand and just smiled and said, don’t worry we got you.

Next on the list is viv603 3 way and fillers in the back doors with a JL 8 channel with dsp and a whole lot of deadening.

I was a little concerned why he threw a 1500 watt amp at these subs but he explained it to me in terms I didn’t understand and just smiled and said, don’t worry we got you.

Next on the list is viv603 3 way and fillers in the back doors with a JL 8 channel with dsp and a whole lot of deadening.
Like I said, if the amp is tuned right then the subs won't be over or underpowered. They should have some headroom and be fairly well undistorted. I think those subs are what, close to 400w rms? You will be fine.

Like I said, if the amp is tuned right then the subs won't be over or underpowered. They should have some headroom and be fairly well undistorted. I think those subs are what, close to 400w rms? You will be fine.
Yes you are correct. Thanks brotha. I worry about everything lol. Especially when it cost me my cold hard cash

Yes you are correct. Thanks brotha. I worry about everything lol. Especially when it cost me my cold hard cash
Just remember, that amp isn't going to be putting out 750w constantly to each sub. Music doesn't demand constant power from the amplifier... its demand varies. On average you may be using 300-350w to each sub with peaks up in the 500-600w range which will not harm the amp or sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...