Team Fi 18 or DC Level 6 18....or any other suggestions?

Timmy didnt you get threatened when you went to sell that level 6 with the contract that is required with it?? Yet another reason to go with FI!! Lol I can't stand d.c. when I think about it. Either way op both subs are beast I would imagine the level 6 burping louder and the fi being better for daily and lows.
Not from anyone at dc .. Mylows made a few incorrect statements is all ... I've had 0 issues with dc period ... Vendors on this forum that's a different story

I was about to pick this post apart until I saw who posted it. LOL yeah, overhead is a great thing when playing musically.
I'm all for headroom, but let's be real, when we are talking 5k on a superwoofer, we aren't talking about "music playback" anymore in it's normal definition, nor are we talking about playing things with dynamic range. We are either talking about Gucci, Psyph Morrison, decaf remixes, etc or we are talking burps. On real music at normal levels we'd have heardroom using a 200 watt amp. That being said I'm a basshead at at heart, and yes I wil, be upping power lol

I guess my main point, which leads into yours as well is that subs dont' wake up when you throw power at them. Bigger coils are heavier, but if the sub is properly designed it will have more motor force to make up for the small increase in weight. My sub right now has a BL^2/RE right there with a TC 5200. It's 96db/1w/1m and uses a 6inch coil. Clearly you can have a big coil and have high effeciency, the two generally go hand in hand. I think when car audio manufacturers started doing 4inch coils they were skimping on the motor or something, giving them a bad name for car audio guys used to 3inch coils.

Level 6 m3 is a absolute monster... Also very musical not sure what these guys are smoking but I ran one last setup .. Sounded very nice
Lets see what we are smoking is the standard 6 spoke basket being used on that big *** motor is a waste it needs a stronger basket and aomething with a 10" spoder landing to properly utilize that motor instead of restricing it so much.

Lets see what we are smoking is the standard 6 spoke basket being used on that big *** motor is a waste it needs a stronger basket and aomething with a 10" spoder landing to properly utilize that motor instead of restricing it so much.
Basket didn't give me any trouble .. And I have talked to several people that have done great with them as well

I'm all for headroom, but let's be real, when we are talking 5k on a superwoofer, we aren't talking about "music playback" anymore in it's normal definition, nor are we talking about playing things with dynamic range. We are either talking about Gucci, Psyph Morrison, decaf remixes, etc or we are talking burps. On real music at normal levels we'd have heardroom using a 200 watt amp. That being said I'm a basshead at at heart, and yes I wil, be upping power lol
I guess my main point, which leads into yours as well is that subs dont' wake up when you throw power at them. Bigger coils are heavier, but if the sub is properly designed it will have more motor force to make up for the small increase in weight. My sub right now has a BL^2/RE right there with a TC 5200. It's 96db/1w/1m and uses a 6inch coil. Clearly you can have a big coil and have high effeciency, the two generally go hand in hand. I think when car audio manufacturers started doing 4inch coils they were skimping on the motor or something, giving them a bad name for car audio guys used to 3inch coils.
Well, I for one, plan on superwoofers, nearly 2x 5k per sub and won't be playing Gucci, we will be playing real music, and expect dynamics.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Basket didn't give me any trouble .. And I have talked to several people that have done great with them as well
Are you arguing with yourself now Timmy?

Oh and I would run the SSA EVIL if I was gonna spend that money. Way better driver then level 6. And I could give u several reasons why its better for your application

Oh and I would run the SSA EVIL if I was gonna spend that money. Way better driver then level 6. And I could give u several reasons why its better for your application
Evil //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.