Connect one speaker wire pair to both high level inputs or no?

Participant count
  • Participant list

MAHubbard1

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a phoenix gold 10” under seat sub. I have spurred a high level signal from one of the rear door speaker’s to feed the signal for the sub. Now I know that some will say take a feed from both sides but to be honest doing just the left was a right headache so can I connect the spur to both the left and right high level inputs on the sub or should I just use one pair only?

You can definitely lose output level as well program material. Unless the HU already has a mono out that is summed prior to amplification, use L/R and combine it yourself with a Y for amps that have a single input or use both L/R from the HU when stereo to the two inputs on the amp are available. Don't use one or the other if the output is in stereo. This is the case for both RCA (low level) or speaker (high level) sources.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...