Taramps

Ws6klr

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ohio
Hello everyone. So I broke out my old school orion hcca250 and hcca225 but decided to use something newer and more efficient. I went with a Taranps MD 1200.1 1 ohm for my subs. I have two American Base 12 DVC 4 ohm Elites. The problem is at say 3/4 on my amp gain the amp lights for clipping and protect will flash or come on during loud higher base ( not deep smooth base all the time) and eventually it will go into protect. I am using a DS18 low to high converter off my factory amp. Could the gaines on the converter cause an issue if set incorrectly. Any info or advise would be appreciated.

Hello everyone. So I broke out my old school orion hcca250 and hcca225 but decided to use something newer and more efficient. I went with a Taranps MD 1200.1 1 ohm for my subs. I have two American Base 12 DVC 4 ohm Elites. The problem is at say 3/4 on my amp gain the amp lights for clipping and protect will flash or come on during loud higher base ( not deep smooth base all the time) and eventually it will go into protect. I am using a DS18 low to high converter off my factory amp. Could the gaines on the converter cause an issue if set incorrectly. Any info or advise would be appreciated.
Dude.. what the fuck?!!

I have tried that. I would think this amp should push these sibs pretty good. Any lower and there is no point. I have checked all of the usual stuff, ohms, phase, my voltage is a steasy 14.6, 1/0 wire, etc

Even though the Taramps isvrated at a way higher Wattage than my hcca250 the Orion seems to push them way harder.

I do understand that. The only issue I jave is that it is at maybe a little less than 3/4 gain which with these sibs shouldnt be pushing them past there limit. When I turn it down to half they are barely being pushed. I should add the amp never even gets warm. I appreciate everyone's feedback.

I was pretty big into audio in the 90s. US amps, PPI, etc. Which explains why I still have my Orions. Ive just been out of it for so long and things have certainly changed quite a bit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.