Taramps MD 12k

Bro even my friend who has a singer 270 and about 160 ah of agm was seeing pretty similar voltage... can you really keep something this powerful at 13.5 constant ?
He’s the one I got the amp from
See what, that you’re the first guy to successfully defy basic principles of electrical supply and demand. Nah man! 8k or 12k...It’s not headroom if it’s power potential that your vehicle is not capable of producing. Your running your amp at voltage that is not ideal. You put a 12k on your electrical now you’ll be on here soon-after looking for a new one.

I bet with a new alternator the difference in your current output with the same 8k is significantly superior.
I will try this however I plan on getting a 300 amp alt. I don’t Necessarily want to run my amp on the absolute minimum I do however think this speaks to the durability of taramps . Like I said I’ve been beating my setup into the ground no issues and it’s louder than any Korean I’ve had ... basically all I’m saying is even w slightly weaker electrical these will perform how you want. Beef it up it’s even better. The clip light is super accurate what is there not to like about Brazilians. Other than the fact that you can’t wire them into the dirt which is not what I plan on doing anyway. Taramps really are the future for daily driven 140 db+ car audio setups in my personal opinion and experience( for size and price). I was simply asking if I could expect the same results from a 12k and honestly I probably could run it for awhile on my electrical. If I’m not clipping it and just using it how I use the 8k but I’m sure it would blow my 8k out the water in terms of output. That’s just what I’ve seen from personal experience. Probably won’t try it tho I need an alt before more amps

Yes and my alternator is regulated so it never goes above 14.2v if not for that I'd rarely ever drop below 14v

That for the bass 5k amp
Auto tech has a 300 amp alt for 399 for my car so the next upgrade is that for sure... and do you guys really think I’ll get even more output from the 8k ? Cause I’m serious when I say it bangs pretty hard. Thinking that I could upgrade the electrical and get more is exciting. From what I’ve read the upgraded alt just give you more amps to use your stuff more Efficiently. Is this true ? Or can I expect some db gain

Their amps rated at 12.8 or whatever, so if you’re in that area you’re output is okay but you’re dropping to 11 and likely lower you’re risking damaging the amp and reducing amp output potential. More clean output means more potential dB

The MD8k can pull 380 amps on music.
The MD12k can pull 600 amps on music.

It takes power to make power. Swapping to a 12k isn't magically going to get you louder on the same electrical.

I ran a Taramps 20k on my 5 G31s and 270 alt. I wasn't seeing anywhere near 20k cause I didn't have to electrical to supply the amp to its full potential.

Their amps rated at 12.8 or whatever, so if you’re in that area you’re output is okay but you’re dropping to 11 and likely lower you’re risking damaging the amp and reducing amp output potential. More clean output means more potential dB
Nah never lower that’s I’m trynna say like it’ll go 11.8 for a sec than right back to 12 or even 13 these amps really do perform at the 12volt rating. I won’t call them cheater amps cause I want to see how long this amp lasts on electrical like this. But for others who want good power but can’t afford all those electrical upgrades right away. This might be a gem of a product

The MD8k can pull 380 amps on mucis
The MD12k can pull 600 amps on music.

It takes power to make power. Swapping to a 12k isn't magically going to get you louder on the same electrical.

I ran a Taramps 20k on my 5 G31s and 270 alt. I wasn't seeing anywhere near 20k cause I didn't have to electrical to supply the amp to its full potential.
And It did from the 5k to the 8k way louder and easier on my electrical I see less voltage drop now. I know that math of the electrical doesn’t add up and that’s the bottom line. But I’m sure putting the 12k on would be a lot louder. I really don’t see why it wouldn’t. Especially if it got louder w the 8k. Not saying you should go put a 12k on every stock electrical it’s just stupid not smart. But maybe w a lik experience and know how you can make it work. I have 60ah of agm In the back and dual runs of sky high ofc 1/0 into the amp. My wiring is top notch just need more batteries tbh. These amps really need that constant 12v for their power not 14 it makes sense that big reserve of batteries could also give these amps what they want.

Two batteries is going to cost you the same as an alternator...why wouldn’t you alternator first?
You definitely should get the alt yeah. But let’s say a person is just trying to bass fast would it make more sense to just upgrade the alt and and add no batteries or add batteries on the stock alt.. these are bigger sums of money so I’m assuming you can’t jus buy it all back to back

Nah never lower that’s I’m trynna say like it’ll go 11.8 for a sec than right back to 12 or even 13 these amps really do perform at the 12volt rating. I won’t call them cheater amps cause I want to see how long this amp lasts on electrical like this. But for others who want good power but can’t afford all those electrical upgrades right away. This might be a gem of a product

You're going to ruin your amp. I'm done.

You definitely should get the alt yeah. But let’s say a person is just trying to bass fast would it make more sense to just upgrade the alt and and add no batteries or add batteries on the stock alt.. these are bigger sums of money so I’m assuming you can’t jus buy it all back to back
Dude it's going to cost way way more to power the amp than the amp itself way more.

$400 amp = $1500 to power it

$1400 roughly it cost me for what I deem to be close to the minimum to power my Korean 4K, I agree with some of the posts above for sure. Even that 8k will require an alt, batteries and wire upgraded from the current setup to do really well... buying a 12K makes NO sense till the Op gets the current amp fed decent (alt, decent reserve, wire... etc).

you’re basing your recommendation to do something On the opinion that you think it pounds hard and it’s worked so far, not based on how vehicle electrical power actually works. You’re going to do what you think anyway and that’s cool but pause on advocating that anyone without experience , proper budget, or trying to “bass fast” put amps that size on stock.

you’re basing your recommendation to do something On the opinion that you think it pounds hard and it’s worked so far, not based on how vehicle electrical power actually works. You’re going to do what you think anyway and that’s cool but pause on advocating that anyone without experience , proper budget, or trying to “bass fast” put amps that size on stock.
I don't believe he even has the 8k because it would have already died

I don't believe he even has the 8k because it would have already died
or maybe if you read what I wrote you’d see it’s working fine but nah you just wanna know best so go ahead and act ignorant to everything I’m saying

Attachments

• 216ED1FC-21CB-44E3-8499-777DFF7E1C21.jpeg
    216ED1FC-21CB-44E3-8499-777DFF7E1C21.jpeg
    1,007.7 KB · Views: 179
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.