Taramps MD 12k

WTF

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 4.25.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 4.25.24 PM.png
    168.3 KB · Views: 140
Okay, let me reapproach this. You bragged about how much headroom your amp has but fact is your car cannot make that so it’s not headroom at all. When you upgrade your alt and add batteries you will actually unlock all that power the amp can put out (likely more than you currently calculated because I doubt you know your current amperage on your system ). So why wouldn’t you use the doll hairs spent moving from a an 8k to a 12k where you have the same problem but worse due to your vehicles electrical limitation for the opportunity to see closer to what that 8000 can put out without dancing the tightrope of amp damage

Only the second song here dropped voltage and that’s because it’s a bass boosted song from YouTube it’s good for demos but I don’t daily it cause it clips obviously
I’ve got a Xs power back there as well my electrical is not entirely stock

I knew you weren't running that thing on stock electrical system

It's damn near impossible that's why I didn't believe you
It’s all good that’s why I wanted to talk to you guys about it I thought it was weird too. I also have an optima red top for my starter I know those arent good for rapid discharges. But it’s not a stock battery and I have big 3 as well. Stock alt though. But what do you think about the setup overall. I think I’m going to go lithium tbh I saw dude use two 45 ahs and power twin MD 8ks w ease

It’s all good that’s why I wanted to talk to you guys about it I thought it was weird too. I also have an optima red top for my starter I know those arent good for rapid discharges. But it’s not a stock battery and I have big 3 as well. Stock alt though. But what do you think about the setup overall. I think I’m going to go lithium tbh I saw dude use two 45 ahs and power twin MD 8ks w ease

Get an alternator before you do anything else.

if you arent even clipping yet, you are not even anywhere close to half the potential of your current amp. Like i said in many past threads to a lot of others, you can even run a 100,000 rms amp on a stock electrical system with no issues as long as you adjust the gain and output to where you maintain 12 ish volts. But you are definitely only getting whatever power your batts and alts can get you, if you clamped your system, i doubt you'll get any real numbers. This is not to put you down, it just means anytime you add another battery or alt, your sh*ts gonna get louder so thats the bright side.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.