Tahoe Build?

Timinsk
10+ year member

I'm planning on building a system for my truck. Its a Tahoe roughly going for 2000-2002. Could anyone place me a build, looking for quality, don't need a big enough boom with the sub woofer to be shacking my car to the point it feels like its going to collapse. My interest in music is techno, trance, country, rock. I heard the bigger the subwoofer the less of the time it gets to push? Like with trance or techno it has multi beats of rythm but my friend told me if its like a 16" or anything it might miss some, say if theres 12 beats in the 5 secs or what ever, itll only get about 4-7 of them..

What I need,

Amp

Front Speakers x2

Rear Speakers x2

Sub Woofer x1 - x3

Sub Woofer Case

I'm planning on sticking this in the rear of back seat on floor. I might bolt the case into the frame but have two metal washers then a rubber stopper in middle to have less of the truck shacking or box rattling.

I'm still learning about systems and would like to know more, but I would like someone to help me if they have a few minutes of their time to create me a system thats cheap but has crisp audio for speakers and the sub's to have enough kick. I'm actually not looking on spending a lot but my friend told me it'll cost a lot of get what I want.. Maybe someone could help me?

(My friend got subs from my friend and they sound like crap when he puts them really high and the treble sounds so off when he plays vocal techno or trance, or other types of music, and the bass doesn't seem to catch all the thumps for the beats it needs. Speakers rattle sometimes, its such a bother sum.

regards,

timinsk

I'm planning on building a system for my truck. Its a Tahoe roughly going for 2000-2002. Could anyone place me a build, looking for quality, don't need a big enough boom with the sub woofer to be shacking my car to the point it feels like its going to collapse. My interest in music is techno, trance, country, rock. I heard the bigger the subwoofer the less of the time it gets to push? Like with trance or techno it has multi beats of rythm but my friend told me if its like a 16" or anything it might miss some, say if theres 12 beats in the 5 secs or what ever, itll only get about 4-7 of them..
What I need,

Amp

Front Speakers x2

Rear Speakers x2

Sub Woofer x1 - x3

Sub Woofer Case

I'm planning on sticking this in the rear of back seat on floor. I might bolt the case into the frame but have two metal washers then a rubber stopper in middle to have less of the truck shacking or box rattling.

I'm still learning about systems and would like to know more, but I would like someone to help me if they have a few minutes of their time to create me a system thats cheap but has crisp audio for speakers and the sub's to have enough kick. I'm actually not looking on spending a lot but my friend told me it'll cost a lot of get what I want.. Maybe someone could help me?

(My friend got subs from my friend and they sound like crap when he puts them really high and the treble sounds so off when he plays vocal techno or trance, or other types of music, and the bass doesn't seem to catch all the thumps for the beats it needs. Speakers rattle sometimes, its such a bother sum.

regards,

timinsk

Your friend, is terribly wrong.

What is your budget?

What I need,

Amp

Front Speakers x2

Rear Speakers x2

Sub Woofer x1 - x3

Sub Woofer Case

regards,

timinsk
Do NOT take any further car audio advice from said friend.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif What kind of money are you looking to spend?

-Bill-

Thanks for fast reply, I'm liking this forum so far, also thanks for help, my budget i'll say is about 500-750 USD but 1,000 USD at max.. I was originally wanting 200 USD but then I looked and notice its really expensive. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif so

Budget: 500-7500 USD (MAX: 1,000 USD)

Also forgot to add, I might just either go with getting another 2-DIN CD RECEIVER or add in back of it and find open slot to add a aux port, because I want to play music from a mp3 player. I don't like apple so I'm not using an ipod. Just so your aware.

I dont beleive there is a need for a rear stage (Rear speakers) if you have a solid front stage.

Front stage: Go to http://www.woofersetc.com Look at some CDT stuff, (component sets)

FS AMP: I like sundown, thats what i run personally, a 100.2 would compliment any 100w component set nicely.

Sub: Look in the classifieds, 2 12"s or a single 15" would be nice in a tahoe.

Sub amp: look for something in tho 1000w range rms.

Sub box: contact Bjfish11.. flawless work.

All in all, i say you go to the classifieds, and take a peak at some of the stuff in there, im sure youll find something to your liking.

I could score nicely with spending less than 750 USD hopefully?

By the way, I sometimes like to blast music, is there any tips on when installing new speakers into the doors, maybe have some type of coushening (sorry I don't know exactly how to spell the word) so the door doesn't rattle at all? I don't blast music alot but sometimes I feel like I want to, so I don't know exactly but maybe 2 or 4 ohms is way to low? Any suggestions on that.

I need two amps? one for FS and SUB? Or could this all be in one amp?

Front: Alpine Type-R Components

Front Amp: SoundStorm F2350

Sub: Mach5 Maw-15

Sub Amp: SoundStorm F1500D

Should have about a couple hundred bucks left for wiring, box materials and rear speakers (if you find that the front components arent enough).

-Bill-

Thanks! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Know of a website that sells these cheap? or do people sell them on this forum?

You could get a 5 channel, and run active //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

4 ohm is normal for a set of components

Dual 2, dual 4 or dual 1 is what you will find many subwoofers have.

Would I save from buying 2 amps or buying the 5 channel amp?

I read a review from someone on the forum about Mach5 Maw-15, is that a good decision?

and are the Alpine Type-R SPR-17LS 6-1/2" Component Speaker System even going to fit, they look kind of big for front speakers.

Would I save from buying 2 amps or buying the 5 channel amp?
I read a review from someone on the forum about Mach5 Maw-15, is that a good decision?

and are the Alpine Type-R SPR-17LS 6-1/2" Component Speaker System even going to fit, they look kind of big for front speakers.
The Maw-15 is about the best bang for your buck. If you feel wiery about them, you can throw in another $30-$50 for an Alpine Type-R sub. I think the Maw-15 shoud be plenty if you're not looking to shake sidewalks, just enough to feel it. And if you don't want the Type-R 6-1/2", they have them in 5-1/4" as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

-Bill-

Thanks Bill on sub website, I looked at official and it was 10 USD more, every bit counts on saving. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The Maw-15 is about the best bang for your buck. If you feel wiery about them, you can throw in another $30-$50 for an Alpine Type-R sub. I think the Maw-15 shoud be plenty if you're not looking to shake sidewalks, just enough to feel it. And if you don't want the Type-R 6-1/2", they have them in 5-1/4" as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
-Bill-
ooh so I think I understand, 6 is type or meaning 6 inches? then the 1/2 or 1/4 is the inches, correct?

by the way so rms is what is the standard on the set watt but what does rms stand for and true meaning?

sorry i'm not so smart.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

6 1/2" Means the speaker is 6 1/2" diameter. You need to find out what your factory door speakers are and get that size.

RMS for a speaker just means what the speaker really will handle without straining it/blowing it. And RMS for an amp means how many watts the amp truely puts out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.