T3 Audio build, 6 12s Tahoe

box looks good, but it looks like the aeros are choked off being so close the the back...
It is not that close to the back. I just did that for picture taking purposes. Right now it is pushed forward about 5-6 inches from what you see in the pics.

i want to thank you for showing me how to properly wrap a box in vinyl!!!!

I'm going to start with a new enclosure with the subs firing up and the box to the back.

I'm going to start with a new enclosure with the subs firing up and the box to the back.
I know I didn't put this in the build, but you will need to sand the rough edges before you wrap it with a sander like in the pics. I use 40 grit and sometimes 60 grit to start. 100-150 grit is the highest you should need. Keep running your fingers over the edges and seams to make sure it is smooth after sanding. Then you need clean up all loose sawdust or the imperfections will show through the vinyl. Depending on the box you're covering you may or may not need a staple gun like in the pic.

20120825_193837.jpg

20120825_193948.jpg

I also use 3M 77 spray glue and when I feel a need for extra hold, I use 3M 90. The 90 is good for wrapping around corners, edges, and raised lettering. Do not use the 3M 80 Vinyl glue!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/plthumbsdown.gif.d7966af824c93c6021d1aae1778b1c19.gif You can use the 80 but it takes longer and I don't like the way it cures.

Looks good.

Only suggestion I would have made would have been to use less ports and go up to 6" and maybe rounded them off(several ways to go about that part). Other then that, looks good.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

It's always the guys with cheap subs that can build sick looking boxes like this. I have my dream subs and can't build a pretty box to save my life.
Pretty is easy..making it work while looking pretty. Not always as easy.

Looks good.
Only suggestion I would have made would have been to use less ports and go up to 6" and maybe rounded them off(several ways to go about that part). Other then that, looks good.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Pretty is easy..making it work while looking pretty. Not always as easy.
how many ports would you have put?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.