Cdts and AT

Participant count
  • Participant list

av83
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Midwest
Got a set of CDT COM-626 from @TheUnderFighter a couple of weeks ago. Ordered a 25 sq ft roll of AT 60mil for the job, but only needed about half of it for the doors. Completely covered my trunk lid, and still had enough to do my brother's trunk lid, too. I used some closed cell tape on the stock speaker mounts, but other than that it was a very simple and (inexpensive) install. Here's a couple pics...

before...
cdtinstall3.jpg

a lil closed cell for a nice seal....
cdtinstall2.jpg

Some 60 mil, my brother put 90% of it in, and it was his first time using any deadener. This stuff is easy to use.
cdtinstall1.jpg

And after...
cdtinstall-1.jpg

The tweets are double side-taped to the sails at the moment, too big to fit in the stock locations.... but I have a plan. I'll post a pic of them when I'm finished with it, but the setup sounds a heck of a lot better than the $140 I spent on it.

Very nice man, hope you're liking them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif What do you drive again?
It's a 2005 Malibu LS V6. And, I love them. And these are CDT's budget comps? They sound nicer than a lot of the mainstream stuff you find at the $150 level....

Looks great!! I bet they sound Fantastic as well??? I have previously installed a pair of CDT HD 6 100 Braxial 6.5,and a set of CDT CL-E61NEO 6.5 components,and am very happy with the sound given,and power taken by both sets..and have put the xovers in the upper portion of the floor boards to retreive some air, and stay cool,and away from moisture Im hoping.The Mids are Fantastic,while the Highs are crisp/yet mellow..I have been through several sets of components,and have to say,that the CDT come To top of my list along with my older set of Polk MoMo..What kind of power(Amp) you got running them atm?

Looks great!! I bet they sound Fantastic as well??? I have previously installed a pair of CDT HD 6 100 Braxial 6.5,and a set of CDT CL-E61NEO 6.5 components,and am very happy with the sound given,and power taken by both sets..and have put the xovers in the upper portion of the floor boards to retreive some air, and stay cool,and away from moisture Im hoping.The Mids are Fantastic,while the Highs are crisp/yet mellow..I have been through several sets of components,and have to say,that the CDT come To top of my list along with my older set of Polk MoMo..What kind of power(Amp) you got running them atm?
I have a an XR-4S running them right now. I did have them on my Eclipse 3640, bridged, but the amp would get unbelievably hot.... I have to say, the newer kenwood excelon sounds much better than I expected. I really didn't want to put em on a class D, but it's decent.

Yup they sure do sound good and clean and clear. I can't wait until I have some real mids and tweets in to at least try to come close to that sound! I'm sick of my crumby Kenwood coaxials >.
You don't have the new gear in?

Nice !! Very Nice..Im running my Braxials off of an old school mean Machine 99@2ohms, and the comps off of an Old school BTS 7204,and sound great..I am Happy with them so far/quite pleased:)

You don't have the new gear in?
I've got my mids in, but only hooked them up for testing because they don't fit in my OEM speaker baffles. And I haven't ordered my tweets yet because I decided not to use the amp I ordered a couple weeks ago, and now I'm looking for another amp again. At least I have my Mmats for my sub now though. So all I have left to do is tweets, amp, 2nd sub, new enclosure. Easier said than done I guess.

[quote name='DonH']@TheUnderFighter Hi :)

my babies!!![/QUOTE]

These were yours, originally?

[quote name='TheUnderFighter']They're getting around now. You've raised a whore![/QUOTE]

I love whores.... Especially these, lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

av83

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
av83
Midwest
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date