System sounds like *** on music

The only thing I don't get it why my sa played everything well, and that box was 34hz. So either 32hz is really THAT different, or sa's are better than z's in that area somehow.
Its not so much that your box is tuned differently.

The way your subs specs and box dimensions come together, the bandwidth is small and peaky.

Your SA probably had a larger bandwidth and a flatter response curve.

This^^^^ i never knew this... But i agree on here EVERY recomendation is based on the lows not higher range of bass. My box for my hds312 has 17.48 per cube...i think its 2.23 net with 39 inches of port at 30hz. How would this play out? I noticed listening to radio i have no bass but playing my phone the sub comes alive! But thats bumping decaf songs. Sorry for threadjack op
That's why I rarely listen to radio. It cuts my output almost in half compared to a phone or any mp3 player. Even pandora is better quality than radio. Youtube it kinda depends on who uploaded it. Store bought CD's are supposed to be the highest quality you can get, and also FLAC files. I guess next best thing is 320kps mp3's and lossless files. Everything just diminishes from there once they get ripped over and over. You can usually tell just by looking at the file size. Nevertheless, I could never get good output from the radio, it just sounds very lacking in quality and output.

I get consistent output from radio and bluetooth, usb is a bit stronger, no use of SLA. Box is tuned to 37 hz, plays my metal, rock, edm and any song on the radio just fine and plays decaf down to 25hz fine too

I get consistent output from radio and bluetooth, usb is a bit stronger, no use of SLA. Box is tuned to 37 hz, plays my metal, rock, edm and any song on the radio just fine and plays decaf down to 25hz fine too
Well yea, but I'm saying if you listen to a song on the radio and downloaded that same exact song in high quality through let's say itunes or bought the cd from the store, you would be able to tell a distinct difference would you not? In practically every case, even if I pirated the song, it's always louder than radio side by side. I would usually have to put up my volume a bit more on radio to even get close in output.

Well yea, but I'm saying if you listen to a song on the radio and downloaded that same exact song in high quality through let's say itunes or bought the cd from the store, you would be able to tell a distinct difference would you not? In practically every case, even if I pirated the song, it's always louder than radio side by side. I would usually have to put up my volume a bit more on radio to even get close in output.
you might want to use the source level adjuster to match/ even it out. Radio is probably a couple clicks away from usb on my end so its not too bad, only thing i hate is driving through deadspots or heavy interference spots and you get that occasional static in the song.

you might want to use the source level adjuster to match/ even it out. Radio is probably a couple clicks away from usb on my end so its not too bad, only thing i hate is driving through deadspots or heavy interference spots and you get that occasional static in the song.
I don't know if my headunit has a SLA in it or not, I'll have to check. Yea I guess radio is not too bad.. but I do notice a difference in quality. Yea some stations have that nasty static if you're in a bad spot which is really annoying. The only radio I've been listening to is christmas music lately just because it's that time of the year.. Over here in LA, we have a station called K-Day which plays all the old hip hop classics but they have a very weak signal. Power 106 is pretty wack these days and kiis fm has a good signal but is very repetitive. Plus all the **** commercials.. I just can't take it. I rather just download it myself and pick and choose what song to listen to. Funny thing is I had free sirius xm for 2 years by accident and I used to listen to it every day. It cut off one day randomly maybe because they knew I was stealing their signal. Never signed up for it, never paid anything.. I thought maybe it was a free trial but for 2 years? that's impossible. There was no account before either because I bought it brand new.

lol Yeah who needs overplayed radio cr@ap when you got subscription services and underground hip hop / EDM sites, once in a full moon i'll listen to the radio and i'll hear the music I listened to 6 months to a year ago when it first came out. Enjoying everything before it makes it big and before anyone even knows about it.

Wow I'm such a damn hipster yuck...

OP is it an "L" or "T" shaped port? Either way I'd try stacking wood inside to get port area down to 12-14^2 per cube. I think it will sound much better as that sub doesn't need that much port area.

Modeling only does so much as it will NOT tell you how it will play in the vehicle...

This^^^^ i never knew this... But i agree on here EVERY recomendation is based on the lows not higher range of bass. My box for my hds312 has 17.48 per cube...i think its 2.23 net with 39 inches of port at 30hz. How would this play out? I noticed listening to radio i have no bass but playing my phone the sub comes alive! But thats bumping decaf songs. Sorry for threadjack op
Have you bothered to model that woofer's specs in winISD Torres, or BassBox Pro? It's likely if you actually followed the manufacturer's recommendations for box design you could play music.

The only thing I don't get it why my sa played everything well, and that box was 34hz. So either 32hz is really THAT different, or sa's are better than z's in that area somehow.
Because it's a completely different woofer. Frankly I have no idea why anybody would try to put those Zv3's into that size/tuning box and expect anything different than what you describe.

OP is it an "L" or "T" shaped port? Either way I'd try stacking wood inside to get port area down to 12-14^2 per cube. I think it will sound much better as that sub doesn't need that much port area.
Modeling only does so much as it will NOT tell you how it will play in the vehicle...
It's L shape port, and also I noticed little trucks like my ranger are hard to get loud. A swap of the same setup to my friends SUV or even a trunk car sounds Soo much better. Working up a new box though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.