System shutting off at high volumes.

What do u mean by normal. Set ur gain uses a dmm, this will rule it out. Do the big 3 after, if the gain doesn't help out.
On the amp there is a "normal" mark printed where you turn the knob(gain). It is the midpoint from lowest to highest gain and that is where my "gain" is set at.

Would you mind explaining more about the DMM? If you can give me a good tutorial link that would be even better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Thanks!!

Sounds like you may have a more serious problem with the car. 1000w is a good amount of power, but I doubt it should be raping your car like that. Maybe I'm wrong, though.
I wouldnt say its "raping" my car but I do feel a slight decreased in performance. I shouldn't have even brought it up because I did get 40+ mpg on the highway a few weeks ago.

Im guessing since its been over a 100 degrees (+texas humidity) the past couple of days could explain the sluggishness of my car. hehe.

Alright, I got my DMM and did everything from the tutorial. Got the 50hz test tone CD and turn the volume to 75% of max.

Is the DM AC reading suppose to go up and down? Do I just take the highest reading?

I am a little confused about this.

Are your subs still hooked up when you're taking the reading?
Yes, the tutorial said to keep your speakers hooked up. Some people say to unhook them. I wasn't sure, so I just follow the tutorial.

Now my battery is a POS from wal mart CCA is 425 and Crank amping is 510. It is over 2 yrs old.

Should I replace the battery for a better one? Odyssey? I was thinking something cheaper because my system isn't all that powerful. Any suggestions on batteries?

strange with such little power you set your gain w/ a DMM? also find a local car audio shop that knows their **** and how to set **** and ask for a favor know what im sayn

HC1400 Is what I have in my car. I have an 01 civic, and let me share a little info about these cars. 1 alternators ****. Mistumsa (misubishi is primarily what goes into the 01's cant vogue for the rest, but they are 70 amps. Also the regulator in the alternator is controlled by the ECU which sux. I had 1000 watt RMS in my car with the 2 amps, when AC lights and all that was turned on my voltages dropped way below 12, un acceptable. This to me is the biggest downfall with these cars. I took the subs out and just have my midbass. The alternator I found to be the best is from OHio generator and they want about 550 shipped for that. I havent dont that yet, but I want to, just a lot of money. Anyway the housings in the alternators are so small its tough to get any decent amperage out of them, so 140 amps is about the max. I am skeptical of dominic irragi's 200 amp claim, i have heard good things about him, but some of his stuff is sketchy. Anyway hope some of this info helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.