Suggestions.

Yes, I used the test tones...Got the Autosound2000 cd. After using them(test tones) what you're saying makes sense.

I may re-adjust everything now and split the difference between what the charts say that I should be at and what I had them

set at before(half way on each channel...give or take)

And, what you're saying about the HU voltage is what I remember the guy at the dealer saying at the time. I think he also said

something to the effect of "you don't want to exceed the voltage of your amp" as well.

So, I know you said that I have to at least "double the power" would the JL900/5 be enough you think? I heard it a couple weeks ago

at the dealer and it(and the new Fosgate amp) sounded really clean. But, I think that the 900/5 would only add like 25 more wrms on the

front/rear and 200 more wrms on the sub channel.

Yupp, exceed the voltage on your amp and you wont get full power from it no matter what. (or atleast thats what I gathered).

25wrms extra to the fronts more than likely wont be noticeable. Maybe, on the sub but highly doubt it on the fronts. I'd do separate amps, one for mids and highs; one for lows. A robust 4 channel and a nice mono block

So I readjusted all of my settings today...Taking the "correct" setting and my initial settings and splitting the difference. And, it's better now. (I think)

Also, I discovered that the "MX Expander" was screwing with my EQ settings, so I bypassed that and re-calibrated it using my Autosound2000 cd and

my iPhone RTA app. Sounds much better now..

Oh, and I switched my amp setting back to the 4-channel setting(seems to have more power this way)

and dialed it in by ear. I just can't control it (the sub-channel) on the HU this way...

And, moved my Xover points to 60hrtz on the front channel, 55hrtz for the rear channel & 50hrtz for my sub channel...

Last edited by a moderator:
So I readjusted all of my settings today...Taking the "correct" setting and my initial settings and splitting the difference. And, it's better now. (I think)Also, I discovered that the "MX Expander" was screwing with my EQ settings, so I bypassed that and re-calibrated it using my Autosound2000 cd and

my iPhone RTA app. Sounds much better now..

Oh, and I switched my amp setting back to the 4-channel setting(seems to have more power this way)

and dialed it in by ear. I just can't control it (the sub-channel) on the HU this way...

And, moved my Xover points to 60hrtz on the front channel, 55hrtz for the rear channel & 50hrtz for my sub channel...
If you still have the subs on the sub channel, I dont see why you wouldnt be able to control them from the HU.....

System starting to come together...Got my Boston Pro's installed Friday(and finally got all of my doors sealed last week) I have to say, it sounds pretty freakin' good as it is now. The guy that installed the Pro's even commented how impressed he was with my JL 6w3's. (still going with the 10w6 though long term, i think)

Overall though, I'm very impressed with the Boston's...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.