Suggestions.

Well, I think you've talked me into it....I mean, It's not like the speakers are going to sound worse because the doors are sealed, right? They are going to (at the very least) sound the same as they would in an 'unsealed' application. Beside the fact that your also improving the 'deadening' of the doors as well. I mean, if the speakers were "designed to be free air" why in the hell do they put them in enclosure's in the store? lolSo, as soon as it warms up here(currently 31F), I'm going to jump on that..(hopefully this weekend)
As long as it's done right, it'll be noticeably better.

Has anyone used one of these? I'm thinking about getting one($100 on Amazon) and running my 'rear fill' speakers from it, then bridging my current amp to 200wrms@2ohm for my front stage....Figured it was a cheap way to get extra power...
http://http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ktp-445
I've known people who've run them, though, I'm not COMPLETELY sure you can run another 4 channel in conjunction with it, but it may be possible. I've just never really looked into them heavily. At any rate, be sure that your amp is stable down below 4 ohms bridged before you do that as not all amps are stable that way besides the Boston GT amps.

Has anyone used one of these? I'm thinking about getting one($100 on Amazon) and running my 'rear fill' speakers from it, then bridging my current amp to 200wrms@2ohm for my front stage....Figured it was a cheap way to get extra power...
http://http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ktp-445
Ive got one in my garage right now. While it does work its not alot. It boosts headunit power to 45 watts total. Not 45+ headunit power just so you are aware. It gives you maybe an extra 2 or 3 in terms of volume.

Oh, I thought that it added power to the HU...You're saying it just replaces it, Right?

If that's the case, I'm better off still with going with a bigger 5 channel amp. Also, I'm not

sure if my current 700/5 amp is stable below 4ohms bridged anyway.

Oh, I thought that it added power to the HU...You're saying it just replaces it, Right? If that's the case, I'm better off still with going with a bigger 5 channel amp. Also, I'm not

The XD 700/5 is not stable below 4 ohms bridged or atleast its not rated down there

Oh, I thought that it added power to the HU...You're saying it just replaces it, Right? If that's the case, I'm better off still with going with a bigger 5 channel amp. Also, I'm not

It simply boosts power to 45wrms per channel.

If you are not going to upgrade the whole system including aftermarket head unit and amp(s), you might be disappointed - just changing the satellite speakers might not make a worthwhile difference. Especially if you already have a factory sub.

Think I'm gonna follow in your foot steps bro and get some BA Pro60s and run em on about 225wrms per side. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Nice. It'll be a couple more weeks before I get mine installed now...Started a new job and wont be paid until the 30th.

Isn't that(225wrms) too much power on them, aren't they rated for like 125wrms?

I do think that I'm going with a bigger amp now also...After setting my gains, (with volt meter)

I see now that I'm going to need more power so that I'm not clipping anything at higher volume.

Nice. It'll be a couple more weeks before I get mine installed now...Started a new job and wont be paid until the 30th.
Isn't that(225wrms) too much power on them, aren't they rated for like 125wrms?

I do think that I'm going with a bigger amp now also...After setting my gains, (with volt meter)

I see now that I'm going to need more power so that I'm not clipping anything at higher volume.
It'll be some weeks before I even get mine let alone installed lol

I think they'll take the 225wrms I've heard of them taking more and I know if my Pioneer midbasses took 125 each and even these Boston SE coaxs are taking 175wrms, I'm sure the BA Pro's should take that 225

You wont clip anything as long as the gains are set correctly. But, a little extra power wouldnt hurt. However, if you're gonna add more power, make sure its enough to actually make a sonic difference. Meaning you may have to double the power.

It's just that after setting my gains with the meter(13.50volts @ 75wrms2ohm for the fronts and 17.75volts @ 75wrms4ohms for the rears) it seems like it should be louder. Especially my sub channel (24.49volts) it's not even a quarter of the way up. I ended up setting it(my sub channel) by ear and use my sub adjustment on my HU.

So, Unless I'm doing it wrong...

ahhh, got ya. yea I think your HU has 4v outs so yea your gain wont be too high especially if you set your gain at 3/4 your HU volume. I always set my gains at 1/2 HU volume....and not with a DMM....but thats a whole other thing. Youre saying its still not loud enough even with the volume wide open?

ahhh, got ya. yea I think your HU has 4v outs so yea your gain wont be too high especially if you set your gain at 3/4 your HU volume. I always set my gains at 1/2 HU volume....and not with a DMM....but thats a whole other thing. Youre saying its still not loud enough even with the volume wide open?

With those settings, it sounds like a really nice "stock" system...And that's fine(for now) But, ultimately though I would like more out of it.

It's just that once you've heard a really nice SQ system...It's hard to be satisfied with what you have IMO. Especially, if you feel like your not getting the most

out of your equipment. (or at least what it's capable of)

And, at the time...I thought that 4v was very good for a HU. I know some HU's have twice that output, but they sell for $1000 too.

Also, I'm just going by the "charts" as to setting the gains...I've never actually heard this HU clip. I had a Clarion HU before this one

and it clipped at a little above half way(think it was like a 2v output) you could hear it.(especially with a bad mp3 file)

With those settings, it sounds like a really nice "stock" system...And that's fine(for now) But, ultimately though I would like more out of it. It's just that once you've heard a really nice SQ system...It's hard to be satisfied with what you have IMO. Especially, if you feel like your not getting the most

out of your equipment. (or at least what it's capable of)

And, at the time...I thought that 4v was very good for a HU. I know some HU's have twice that output, but they sell for $1000 too.

Also, I'm just going by the "charts" as to setting the gains...I've never actually heard this HU clip. I had a Clarion HU before this one

and it clipped at a little above half way(think it was like a 2v output) you could hear it.(especially with a bad mp3 file)
the higher your HU voltage, the lower your amp gain. No need to pay for a high end HU for higher out put volts though. waste of time and money and wont improve your sound. I understand the going by the charts thing. Alot of people do that to be on the safe side. I'm sure others would disagree, but you may be able to bring your gain up a little bit since music is so much more dynamic than a test tone (assuming u used a tone to set your gains) you should be fine and when you hear distortion just back off. Music isnt recorded at 0db anyway. Most songs, well atleast in my music collection rarely ever hit that point except maybe in the very high frequencies.

But, I agree, in the end you're probably gonna want to add more power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.