Such thing as too much Bass for Young Children?

When children are very young, like my daughter is @ age 2 now, their eardrums and other internals cant be developed like a grown ups. So if the severe bass hurts and irritates our ears as adults, its gotta be painful w/ children, especially when they are closer to the subs.

I think its a very bad parenting choice to let kids listen to bass at any fairly high level. When my daughter is in the car, I hit the button on my EQ that turns the bass completely off, or turn it down so minimal that you can barely hear and feel it.

It just cannot be healthy for young children.

Glad to see some good advice on here. Contrary to what some people think there are never any dumb questions, especially when it comes to the safety of your kids. I would also think this is common sense, but doesn't hurt to help and it brough out a few studies with hard facts. I would definitly just throw a switch on the turn on lead for the amp and then keep the radio at listening volume. Besides don't you want to be able to hear your kids just incase they have something to say.

And stick around the forum, tons of stuff to learn about car audio here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I dont know your kids but if any of them might have a heart murmur, to much bass could seriously do some damage. Espically in the 4-11 range. I have a heart murmur but am 20 and the bass doesnt really affect me excelt my friends car kinda makes the inside of my neck tickle a little bit... Then hes a jerk and turns it up.

Keep the volume down when you have kids in the car or I'll personally come down there and smack you on the side of the head.
please keep the vol. down when the kids are in the car...nothing above the normal listening level...if you have a sub control...put it all the way down when your kids are in it....enjoy your music....peace 0

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.