Such thing as too much Bass for Young Children?

dick move to blast your system with your kids in the car....on a side note my kid loves the bass, i keep it low but still have the bass up a bit because he giggles like crazy when he feels it...but dont do it for long periods...

I had a friend that use to carry his son around...my friend liked a lot of bass you could always here him coming....a memphis 1000d on 4 DD 10's.....He'd crank it up and his son about 3 or 4 would say "Daddy daddy my ears are hurting" my friend would just say "Shut-up son your ears arn't hurting" the kid usually shut up...So I dunno
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

lmao....no no no...You guys have it all wrong. I definately will not be bumping with my kids in the car. That's why I'm here asking, trying to be a responsible adult and getting information on this.

My wife and I have already talked about this, but I'm basically just asking for information. I will turn the stereo up some. And as soon as I can feel it in my seat it will get turned down a few notches. Or maybe I'll test it out sitting in the back turning up stereo till I feel it. Then lower it a tad and use that setting for children?

We are very careful with how loud the music is in the vehicle with kids in it. We are not young, dumb, kids that don't give a ****.

Thanks for all the replies though. Much appreciated.

im sure you can turn it up a little, you just dont want to damage their ears. (which i would assume would probably be the only thing that would be harmed unless you have a glass-shattering system)

I've never had a system in my vehicle before. I've only been in one vehicle before that was running I think 50W or 150W sub. So my knowledge on this stuff is very limited.

And while I wait for my Stereo to get fixed/replaced I figured I'd ask some more dumb questions.

Just wondering if anyone knows if or how much bass is bad for children?Is there a wattage I guess? Or do you just know when the kids tell you their body hurts. I guess I'm just figuring it wouldn't be good for them, but was wondering if anyone knew any facts or anywhere to find out?

When I have my system up and running it'll be around 1000-1200W RMS and my kids like to listen to the music loud.

I can just imagine some bass just knocking around their internals or something, considering they'll be sitting about 3ft in front of the woofer in an SUV.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Thanks

BTW...Young as in 4 to 11
Hook up a toggle switch on the remote wire to cut the sub amp off. Thats what I do when I take my nephews over to my 'rents house to babysit.

Thats what I do I just shut my sub off for my son. Though the other day i forgot it was on and a bass note droped and he looked at me like WTF was that dad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif . it was one of those price less looks.

Thats what I do I just shut my sub off for my son. Though the other day i forgot it was on and a bass note droped and he looked at me like WTF was that dad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif . it was one of those price less looks.
Holy ****, this is one of the VERY few posts in my LIFE that has ever made me ACTUALLY laugh out loud. I'm not sure why, but I have a 2 y/o son, and I could just SEE that EXACT same look on his face if that were to happen!

Something like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/omg.gif.05aa02c3095d6ce9338996654eca0863.gif :eek:mg: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/omg.gif.05aa02c3095d6ce9338996654eca0863.gif :eek:mg: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/omg.gif.05aa02c3095d6ce9338996654eca0863.gif

I don't actually have anything but the stock system in my wife's car, and he's never been in mine, so he has no idea what an aftermarket sound system is. I actually have the stock system faded almost all the way to the front to protect his hearing if I ever turn it up.

Children's ears are VERY sensitive to loud noises, and it's MUCH easier to damage their hearing than it is ours. Remember, hearing damage is for life so please please please take care of your kids' hearing even more than you would your own.

On a side note, I did see a couple of kids running around at IASCA World Finals with earplugs and/or earphones to block out the noise... I was extremely impressed to see that their parents actually gave a ****, unlike many others. My son is so precious, I would literally want to kill myself if I ever did anything that caused him real harm. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i think the toggle switch is an excellent idea. keep it off when the kids are in the back, but when your with your buddies, do whatever you want. that, or just don't install a very loud system.

i just cut the amp off... Although my daughter is a bit younger then your kids ages, i still dont trust bumpin with the kids. Hell i even have to cut it off when the wife is in the car LOL

on another note the ass with the kids saying turn it down... whats his info?? **** ill call child service's on him... He's just a ruthless ass in my book. Pretty much tortureing his kids... real good dad

Thanks for the advice guys.

I decided I will install a decibel meter/tester in my childrens head rest. And when It gets around 100db I won't turn stereo up anymore. That a good idea?

j/k. lol

I like the toggle switch idea. Very easy to do also.

Thanks for the advice and information.

I had a friend that use to carry his son around...my friend liked a lot of bass you could always here him coming....a memphis 1000d on 4 DD 10's.....He'd crank it up and his son about 3 or 4 would say "Daddy daddy my ears are hurting" my friend would just say "Shut-up son your ears arn't hurting" the kid usually shut up...So I dunno
Lol sounds like your friends with my dad, minus the car audio part.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.