Such thing as too much Bass for Young Children?

mightycrappy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
QCAIA
Just wondering if anyone knows if or how much bass is bad for children?

Is there a wattage I guess? Or do you just know when the kids tell you their body hurts. I guess I'm just figuring it wouldn't be good for them, but was wondering if anyone knew any facts or anywhere to find out?

When I have my system up and running it'll be around 1000-1200W RMS and my kids like to listen to the music loud.

I can just imagine some bass just knocking around their internals or something, considering they'll be sitting about 3ft in front of the woofer in an SUV.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Thanks

BTW...Young as in 4 to 11

I had a friend that use to carry his son around...my friend liked a lot of bass you could always here him coming....a memphis 1000d on 4 DD 10's.....He'd crank it up and his son about 3 or 4 would say "Daddy daddy my ears are hurting" my friend would just say "Shut-up son your ears arn't hurting" the kid usually shut up...So I dunno

I had a friend that use to carry his son around...my friend liked a lot of bass you could always here him coming....a memphis 1000d on 4 DD 10's.....He'd crank it up and his son about 3 or 4 would say "Daddy daddy my ears are hurting" my friend would just say "Shut-up son your ears arn't hurting" the kid usually shut up...So I dunno
lmao thats fvcked up

well considering 120 DB causes ear injuries in ADULTS, i would imagine anything over 100 DB (maybe less) would damage a young childs ears, since they are still growing.

And you are an idiot if you bump loud with your kids, plain and simple. dont make them suffer for the rest of their life for your arrogance.

i take my little sister around places and if she tells me the music is too loud i turn it down. usually she tells me to turn it up, though lol.

my cousin's 2yr old daughter laughs like crazy when the bass is booming, especially on one of "her songs" like bossy

yeah man dont turn it up with the kids in the car... maybe once in a while if they want to hear it, but i would not expose them to that for extended periods

If you can't hear what they are saying or doing, its too loud. Pretty simple logic. You should be focused on your children in the car, not your stereo.

lol..pwnt...

i would call child services on him

Just wondering if anyone knows if or how much bass is bad for children?Is there a wattage I guess? Or do you just know when the kids tell you their body hurts. I guess I'm just figuring it wouldn't be good for them, but was wondering if anyone knew any facts or anywhere to find out?

When I have my system up and running it'll be around 1000-1200W RMS and my kids like to listen to the music loud.

I can just imagine some bass just knocking around their internals or something, considering they'll be sitting about 3ft in front of the woofer in an SUV.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Thanks

BTW...Young as in 4 to 11
bottom line, be an adult and be responsible.

I have a pair of leightning headphones that my son insists on keeping in his hands while we cruise around....he always wears them if we 'school someone' bumping.

No kids are allowed NEAR the vehicle on a burp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.