Subwoofer turns off! Plz help!!!

Those subs are better suited for sealed and 4th order bandpass boxes in my experience. If you want them to do well ported, it needs to be a fairly large box with really low port tuning. If they are in 1.5 cubes at 40hz port tuning, it will peak between 40-50 hz (depending on cabin gain), and sharply drop off below that. Definitely not a sub I would choose if I wanted a ported system. In a sealed system or BP4, they are great subs.
I’m in my friends car (who has the same system as me except for amp) and his Is a ton louder. His amp is also 1200 watts.

I’m in my friends car (who has the same system as me except for amp) and his Is a ton louder. His amp is also 1200 watts.
im not saying they don’t work ported, but it’s just not what they work in optimally. Any sub can be put into a ported box. If you were able to put those in a little larger box, say 2-2.5 cubes with a port tuning at 30, you’d hear what Im saying. They are a really good sounding sealed sub in 1.5 cubes. Ive done a 4th order bandpass for a single one of these also, with a ported section @ .75 cubes tuned @55hz and a sealed section of .75, and it was a very nice sounding sub In that box. It’s a very nice subwoofer, I just don’t like them ported as much, especially in the small boxes Rockford puts them in. I’m supposed to be building a box for these ported soon in the back of a Dodge Durango, assuming the guy likes my quote. He insists on ported, so I’ve worked up a design to do them in 2.25 cubes @ 30hz, which should sound nice.

in my trunk (
Trunks straight out eat bass. Throw the same setup in a hatchback or SUV and it would sound 4-5 clicks on the volume knob louder. Do try to play around with the aiming and location of sub box in the trunk but without rather extreme install or just going overkill on equipment to brute force the job you're fighting an uphill battle to get good bass out of a trunk.

Trunks straight out eat bass. Throw the same setup in a hatchback or SUV and it would sound 4-5 clicks on the volume knob louder. Do try to play around with the aiming and location of sub box in the trunk but without rather extreme install or just going overkill on equipment to brute force the job you're fighting an uphill battle to get good bass out of a trunk.

It's just a simple solution to make his louder, just scooting it back in the trunk. I've built tons of trunk boxes and made them sound loudly. Open cabin like you say are way louder but I can't force him to buy a new car lol

It's just a simple solution to make his louder, just scooting it back in the trunk. I've built tons of trunk boxes and made them sound loudly. Open cabin like you say are way louder but I can't force him to buy a new car lol
It’s not even that it’s just not as loud it’s not moving as much as his.

It’s not even that it’s just not as loud it’s not moving as much as his.

I don't know what to tell you, unless the subs are wired at a high ohm load or you car's alt and battery are small, or your head unit is a 2v rca pre-out. If you want to be louder without doing anything else, try scooting them closer to the trunk lid.

I'm not saying OP should buy a new car, just saying if his friend with the same gear has a different vehicle he will have a long way to go to beat him on the meter.
my brother has a single p3 in a ford focus its basically the same type of car and his is still louder than my 2 p3's

my brother has a single p3 in a ford focus its basically the same type of car and his is still louder than my 2 p3's
If you don't have identical year/make/model car you're not comparing apples to apples here. Vehicle acoustics is a big factor. Not saying there isn't something wrong with your build but just have reasonable expectations when comparing.

When I moved my sub towards the back of the car I noticed an increase in output.

Also, you may want to consult with the experts on here, but when I wasn’t pleased with the output of my last sub/amp, I kept the bass boost on the amp at 0, but turned the HU bass boost all the way up and then regained my amp for a clean signal, and noticed a sizable increase in output.

When I moved my sub towards the back of the car I noticed an increase in output.
View attachment 25641
Also, you may want to consult with the experts on here, but when I wasn’t pleased with the output of my last sub/amp, I kept the bass boost on the amp at 0, but turned the HU bass boost all the way up and then regained my amp for a clean signal, and noticed a sizable increase in output.
alr i will try doing that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.